A.P. in trouble again

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

A.P. in trouble again

I get my compensation at the earliest time after they lose things. I've never had to claim for damage.

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

A.P. in trouble again

Its always been a stuff around to try and get compensation for damaged items, In my experience, they've asked the buyer to take it to the post office with the original packaging for documentation,

In most cases the buyer messages you about damaged goods, if you ask them to take it back to the post office its just going to **bleep** the customer more

Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

A.P. in trouble again

@danieh_6 wrote:

Its always been a stuff around to try and get compensation for damaged items, In my experience, they've asked the buyer to take it to the post office with the original packaging for documentation,

In most cases the buyer messages you about damaged goods, if you ask them to take it back to the post office its just going to **bleep** the customer more

Not sure what else they can do.  Do you expect them just to take peoples word for the fact they were damaged,  or that they were packed sufficiently 

Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

A.P. in trouble again

If a buyer sends you a photo of a clearly damaged packaging or box that was out of the buyers control it should be more than reasonable that australia post is able to compensate you (the sender online)

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

A.P. in trouble again

@danieh_6 wrote:

If a buyer sends you a photo of a clearly damaged packaging or box that was out of the buyers control it should be more than reasonable that australia post is able to compensate you (the sender online)

It will still depend on how well the item was packaged,  some sellers think a bit of tissue paper is sufficient to post a precious glass bowl.  AP like anyone have the right to see an item before handing out $'s

Would an insurance company happily settle on a damaged car, just based on photo's,  I suspect not,  could be a photo of aunt martha's wreck

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

A.P. in trouble again

Car insurance is totally different as they are not in possession of the item when it is damaged. Aust Post is well aware how they treat parcels and with countless videos circulating on the internet its a bit funny how they ask for proof beyond a photo. 

Plus who at the Post Office has the training to know if a parcel is not well packed considering what I have seen over the years for what they recommended to customers as suitable packaging. Then ask if they want insurance as well when it is clearly not packaged well enough.

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

A.P. in trouble again

As a business customer they could clearly see if you are abusing the system so wasting time seams to be the main objective. I have never made a claim with a courier but then I have never had to as large parcels don't get damaged like they do with Aust Post.

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

A.P. in trouble again

@brickworksmarket wrote:

Car insurance is totally different as they are not in possession of the item when it is damaged. Aust Post is well aware how they treat parcels and with countless videos circulating on the internet its a bit funny how they ask for proof beyond a photo. 

Plus who at the Post Office has the training to know if a parcel is not well packed considering what I have seen over the years for what they recommended to customers as suitable packaging. Then ask if they want insurance as well when it is clearly not packaged well enough.

Last time I checked AP staff don't have the ability to see what the condition of an item is in the parcel,  xray vision hasnt being invented as far as I know.

And yes if you look up the AP guidelines there are standards for packaging a parcel, and heaps of sellers don't follow them, and deservedly their packages end up damaged, 

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

A.P. in trouble again

@danieh_6 wrote:

I can understand that they don't.

Tupperware got caught big time with this sort of system.

For a few years there, they would accept a photo of a damaged item as proof and refund the customer without having to receive the damaged item or see it.

They later worked out that in quite a few cases, there had been multiple claims for the same item.

So I think it is fair enough the PO would want to see the packaging, dates, item sent etc before deciding on compensation.

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply