A seller has their phone number in all of their listings, Reported back in Nov and still no action?

Hi,

So there is a seller here on the AUS site that has clear violations in their listings, including their contact phone number, the operating hours of their physical store so as to let buyers know the best time to contact them or to arrange a visit.

Not only that but the feeback that they leave their customers basically says "thanks for your purchase visit out store at ...........com for more great items. SIGH!!!

I have reported numerous items of theirs to Ebay, starting back in November, I have spoken on the phone to a supervisor about these violations back mid Jan, however they are still trading all of their 500+ items with no changes made.

I just don't know what to do next, all I want is a fair playing field, and that competitors play by the rules Ebay sets, I cant think of any other steps to follow to bring this to their attention.

There once was a man named Dwight....
Who could travel faster than light......
He went out one day.....in a relative way...and returned the previous night ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

A seller has their phone number in all of their listings, Reported back in Nov and still no action?

If they are registered as a business seller, they are allowed to have their contact details in listings.

The feedback comments is a bit more sketchy - they're not allowed to contain links or URLs so a business website name would probably qualify as a URL, but I suspect that even if against policy, the recipient of the feedback would have to report it.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks Ghost,

That is some good information and I will look further into some of that and talk again...to Ebay this week. Cheers

There once was a man named Dwight....
Who could travel faster than light......
He went out one day.....in a relative way...and returned the previous night ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

If you are buying items to resell then you are able to register as a business seller which will enable you to provide your contact details in your listings.

The seller is doing nothing wrong if they are registered as a business seller.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

There is nothing stopping sellers having a contact phone number in their listings....you can get that from ebay once you are dealing with them.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply