ANOTHER MONEY GRAB ??? - "Boost Your Items Visibility" ......

As if the confusion (expense) and hassle with "Good til Cancelled" is not enough, there is now a new little E-Bay invention to shake your wallet; it is called: "Sell It Faster" - Promoted Listings - Boost Your Items Visibility.

It is a sliding chart at the end of your listings to set your ad rate for premium placement, starting at the "trending" rate of 8.2% @ $ 0.74

You can move the chart up to (I presume 100%); I did slide it upwards to 25% and that will cost $ 2.25 per listing.

It goes without saying that in future any listings not using this chart are going to be more invisible than they already are now !!

Of course the good news is that E-Bay gives you plenty of "free" listing promotions and the bad news is that your listings are going to be invisible unless you pay extra!

Happy E-Baying !!

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

That is actually just promoted listing feature that eBay has introduce previously. In that listing revise window you are setting it manually rather than going in bulk in promoted listing page.
Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

First time I've seen it - I don't have a store so maybe it was already a feature in Store listings, but never in single listings like it is showing now !

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Promoted listings have been around for some time.

I see them everywhere with Promoted Listing plastered all over them.

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

I revise some listings that have higher risk of buyer mistake to have this feature turn off. once item sold, as informed by eBay customer service, these fees are not refundable if buyer want to cancel order, guess also apply to return cancellation.
Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

I assume that Promoted Listings wasn't the boon for eBay that they were expecting, but if they actually understood their site, and the effect their disdain towards sellers has in general, it would have been obvious the majority of sellers would resent / resist paying one cent extra for greater visibility on the site. (Promoted listings don't increase your Best Match rankings, in as much as they put your listings in more places - it might appear twice in search results, and might appear in sidebar menus etc). 

So, instead of examining the reasons behind the low uptake and thinking about how to address the underlying causes, their solution was to shove it in everyone's faces. 

I doubt that strategy is going to work, either. Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

I am always suspicious of dangling carrots. They always contain hooks.

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:
[...] their solution was to shove it in everyone's faces.

The old cream-pie-in-the-face practical jokeLike this...?

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Right in the pie hole

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Some days it be like that.

Other days it be like this, lol. 

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply