AP delivery times

IInteresting we dont use AP much ourselves, but had to post some documents to a company in Melbourne, posting from outer eastern Melb, documents were sent in a standard AP red satchel, placed in a PO Box, 15mins later relized had left one page on the desk, so placed that in a letter, and dropped that in the same PO Box, so figuring they would arrive roughly around the same time frame, but got a call from the company a day or so later, asking why i only sent one page of the docmentation, explained the situation to them, no drama,so guess which arrived first ? The satchel or the letter ? well in this case the letter has beaten the satchell by a day or two, so makes you wonder how can Ebay or sellers using AP predict delivery dates on any AP deliveries.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

AP delivery times

I think AP estimates are like eBay estimates  . . . . . . made up. 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

AP delivery times

I had 2 parcels posted from the Uk on the 23rd jan.

and one parcel posted on the 20th from W.A.

i got the 2 parcels today from the UK amazing 6 days delivery time

needless to say the 1 from W.A is still in tansit. go figure!

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

AP delivery times

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

@ausbargainbasement wrote:

IInteresting we dont use AP much ourselves, but had to post some documents to a company in Melbourne, posting from outer eastern Melb, documents were sent in a standard AP red satchel, placed in a PO Box, 15mins later relized had left one page on the desk, so placed that in a letter, and dropped that in the same PO Box, so figuring they would arrive roughly around the same time frame, but got a call from the company a day or so later, asking why i only sent one page of the docmentation, explained the situation to them, no drama,so guess which arrived first ? The satchel or the letter ? well in this case the letter has beaten the satchell by a day or two, so makes you wonder how can Ebay or sellers using AP predict delivery dates on any AP deliveries.

Letters in envelopes and satchels are sorted separately so it is not fair to even compare delivery times.

On the other hand, I regularly get 3 and 5 kg satchels sent from Adelaide to Sydney and they are usually delivered in 4 days.

Occasionally two will be sent at the same time and it is most unusual for them to arrive on the same day....there can be as much as 5 days between them arriving.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

AP delivery times

I have always found letters arrived (on average) a day or three faster than parcels. 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply