Abusive Buyers

Hi

I would like to know why we cannot leave negative feedback for buyers.  I received a message from a buyer who said  "This item hasn't arrived. If it doesn't arrive soon I will be be opening up a dispute against you.  I am over Ebay sellers not sending my purchased items".  I sent the item on 29th December. I hadn't heard anything until today so assumed she received it. I didn't have tracking because I sell a lot of items only worth a few dollars and parcel rate with tracking is out of the question. I messaged her saying I could resend the item or refund the total amount.  She hasn't replied.   So my question is if I have tried to do the right thing in offering to resend it or refund it, and she just doesn't reply and leaves me negative feedback, why shouldn't I be able to leave her the same if I have tried to resolve the situation.

Thanks 

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Abusive Buyers

This thread will tell you why negs were removed for buyers back in 2008 or so.

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Negative-Feedback-for-buyers/m-p/1465185#M70551

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Abusive Buyers

Sellers can only leave buyers positive feedback. It is also against policy to leave a negative comment in positive feedback.
Check this buyer's feedback left for others to see if there is any history of negatives left for items not received. Some buyers are very unlucky with not receiving mail especially when they are untracked.
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Abusive Buyers

saarzi
Community Member

You asked "why"..

Because buyers are what makes Ebay money. Not sellers.  Ebay has stated that their research shows that negative feedback puts buyers off returning and buying again.

If theres a million sellers and 100 buyers, not good. If theres 100 sellers and a million buyers, great. Ebay can more than afford to lose sellers... not so much buyers. Their undoing will be assuming sellers and buyers are different, static, groups.

Im sure more sellers wouldnt care about not being able to leave negative feedback, given the strike system now, if Ebay treated sellers a little better, or in the least, respected their rights and acted fairly towards them.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Abusive Buyers

Ebay Policy: " No Negative feedbacks to buyer!!!! " End of story. Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Abusive Buyers

All buyers are perfect angels and are always right,never ever do wrong etc,  thats why you cant leave a neg..Thats how greedbay see buyers..

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Abusive Buyers

green, most if not all seller's are aware that some buyers can be a pain, and eBay's MBG and Paypal's 180 day policy are certainly not going to help in that respect.

But that has nothing to do with eBay's decision to stop sellers negging buyers and bringing in the strike system which IMHO is a far better way of dealing with NPB's - for the buyers that create other problems for sellers, then leaving a +ve with neg comments which besides being a policy violation (and can lead to defects for the seller) is in reality worthless and only adds to the buyers 100% feedback.

Please read up on some of the countless threads on this subject (that has been done to death many times over), and get a better insight into the effects that retaliatory negs had on sellers when they could leave negs ( about 8 years ago now), those effects would be many many times worse now with the defect policy in place.... 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Abusive Buyers

@gtx305 wrote:

You asked "why"..

Because buyers are what makes Ebay money. Not sellers.  Ebay has stated that their research shows that negative feedback puts buyers off returning and buying again.

If theres a million sellers and 100 buyers, not good. If theres 100 sellers and a million buyers, great. Ebay can more than afford to lose sellers... not so much buyers. Their undoing will be assuming sellers and buyers are different, static, groups.

Ebay need both (sellers can be buyers, as well as buyers be seller's). imo way too simplistic view here of a much deeper issues with Ebay.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply