Adding a Second Person to Your ebay Account

We operate a number of selling accounts, some of which are in my wife's name.

As English is her second language it mostly befalls myself to call and speak with ebay CSR's if/when we need to.

But every time I call I have to go thru the same rigmarole of her having to authorise me to speak to them.

One CSR recently said we can add my name onto the account so I am always authorised to speak to them as well.

I have been trying to find where I can do this, but so far no luck.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I couldn't find too much info out there, but from a couple of threads on the US forums, it seems eBay need to do it themselves (i.e. you need to call and make a request, and they'll add the second person - there was also advice in similar circumstances to make it clear you're acting as interpreter). 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

If me I would:

Go to this link http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/sr?query=1489&topicName=Updating%20your%20contact%20information&st=6&...

Go to bottom of page select contact us and then on next page request a call back.

If they are unable to assist with a link of where you enter this information, request to speak to a supervisor of in the accounts and registration area. If they are not available, request that they call you back.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I couldn't find too much info out there, but from a couple of threads on the US forums, it seems eBay need to do it themselves (i.e. you need to call and make a request, and they'll add the second person - there was also advice in similar circumstances to make it clear you're acting as interpreter). 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Thanks for helping me to search DG.

I did ask the one CSR I spoke with about this if/not she could do the add since we were already on the phone and she already had me authorised in person by my wife.

But she said she could not do that and it would have to be done by us from our end. But for the life of me I can't find where I can do it.

Perhaps it was a junior CSR who did not have authority do perform this action yet. Who knows?

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

If me I would:

Go to this link http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/sr?query=1489&topicName=Updating%20your%20contact%20information&st=6&...

Go to bottom of page select contact us and then on next page request a call back.

If they are unable to assist with a link of where you enter this information, request to speak to a supervisor of in the accounts and registration area. If they are not available, request that they call you back.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply