Adding international postage after the auction starts

Hi there, I’ve just started an auction and I didn’t click international postage so I’m just selling the item in Australia at the moment. Is there anyway to open it up to international buyers once the auction has happened. I feel like I’m losing out on lots of potential buyers and more money for this item. Thanks for your help!
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Good timing with the listing.....it should get a lot of interest.

If you have not specifically blocked international bidders there is still a chance that some will bid or at least contact you.   Just be prepared to give a postage quote to anyone who asks.

Once there are bids on the item you cannot change anything....and there is no point in doing anything after the auction ends....it is sold....end of.

The only way now would be to cancel the listing and relist with international postage but in view of the number of bids already placed you would be annoying a lot of potential customers who may not come back.  Your auction is going along nicely with 5 bidders and 15 bids....and still 5 days to go.   Many bids come in at the last minute so if it were me I would let it run its course.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Just clicking on Australia only when you list your ad doesn't seem to block international bidders, you have to specifically block differerent areas/countries, from what I recall.

I don't know if you have done that or not but even if you have, international buyers may still contact you as they can see the ad.

You can't change the body of the ad now as there are already bids but you can do as you have already done and add another comment, which will show up underneath the the original text. It will be date and time stamped. Just write something along the lines of International bidders should contact you first for a postage quote as the $21.45 is for postage within Australia only.

I wouldn't be cancelling the ad though, as it seems to be going well and as lyndal said, if you cancel and start again you risk losing quite a few of the potential customers as they'll think you're a bit fickle or unreliable.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply