Am I the only one hating this new refund/return ebay buyer protection system???

I utterly hate this new ebay buyer protection program.  It's totally fraught with problems and relys on the buyer, casual or not, to both understand the system at a level far greater than the average casual buyer ever would and ties up the sellers money in refund processes that may never be finished off.  I currently have two ''refund requests'' I just can't get off my books.

The first is one where a lady requested a return and refund but later decided to keep the dress and I can't get her to close the request and I can't do it as the seller and ebay tell me they can't do it either!  What the heck is that?  In the mean time paypal hold the money and tell me they can't do anything about it either as it's an ebay issue.

The second one is a lady in Spain who bought a swimsuit and requested a return due to choosing the wrong sizing,  As such she dosn't get her postage back but the UK system that covers spain can not seem to understand that and nor can the staff I've rung to discuss the case with in the uk.  The buyer did not ever say it was wrongly discribed but their system things it does even though I can see at this end it says wrong size or does not fit.  So I have refunded her the cost of the item after it was returned and neither of us can close out the refund/return request.  What a stupid stupid system.  Funds are still frozen though.  Both of these are from June!!!

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

ring ebay. From the help and contact link at bottom of the page.

Just pick an option to do with seller performance or account

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I've already spoken to them a heap of times.  Do you think there's something more that I should be contacting them about?  I've told them the situation over and over but I can't seem to get it resolved.  It's most weird.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Historically many of the buyers who have requested a return, once I have said no problem, simple haven't bothered and kept the item. In effect it was simply an enquiry to voice their concern and gauge my response.

With the new system just enquiring generates a defect, and buyers feel more obliged to follow through. As a result I get more return request turning into actual returns.

I agree it creates more dispute dramas than it solves.

Good sellers who dont need to be "forced' to resove issues are unfairly punished

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply