Another Question Re: Cancellations

Does anyone know if it's still possible to switch a UPI to a cancellation, and if it is, whether or not the buyer still has to confirm they've received a refund like most of the other cancellations on unpaid items these days?

TIA 🙂

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes you can still change an UPI to a mutual cancellation.

I have no idea about the other part of the question as I haven't done one.

Ebay are aware of the problem with the new mutual cancellation process particularly with the wording regarding a refund and it is going to be changed. I have noticed with the last couple of cancellations I have done it has gone back to the old way of doing a mutual cancellation. Not sure if that is the same for everyone or I have just been lucky.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Yes you can still change an UPI to a mutual cancellation.

I have no idea about the other part of the question as I haven't done one.

Ebay are aware of the problem with the new mutual cancellation process particularly with the wording regarding a refund and it is going to be changed. I have noticed with the last couple of cancellations I have done it has gone back to the old way of doing a mutual cancellation. Not sure if that is the same for everyone or I have just been lucky.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Thank you 🙂 

I'm glad to hear they'll be improving the process - interestingly, the one transaction I sent a cancellation request for was immediately closed without the buyer needing to confirm a refund, eBay just sent an email saying "because they buyer never paid", so I really hope that will work properly for unpaid items after they fix it all up. 

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply