Another plea from another seller to change buyer feedback options

Sorry to bring this up again, but I have had some real timewasters buying on ebay recently then not following through. I have wasted time in emailing them, then opening a dispute, then waiting again for the dispute timeframe before I can relist the item; sometimes this has taken 3 weeks, valuable time when the item could be relisted and sold to a decent buyer.  If ebay doesn't want to let us sellers use negative or neutral, then maybe just a box we can tick saying something like 'transaction cancelled; buyer did not honour agreement' or something..... just so that the bad eggs can not blithely go on and on. Three strikes rule is pointless as it is so easy to open a new ebay account under a different user name. 

I am actually now putting in a rider on all my large pick up/courier items that the item must be paid for and picked up by day 7 of auction ending otherwise it will automatically be relisted/offered to underbidder, but I don't know the legalities of this........ 

Surely if you contact a buyer twice in one week with no reply, a seller is entitled to move on........??

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

If it takes 3 weeks it is because you choose to let it take 3 weeks.  Normally if buyer does not pay within 4 days, you can open NPB dispute on the 5th day and close it after another 4 days. Then you get your FVF back and you can re-list, and the options to leave FB is no longer available.  Should the buyer give you NEG while they still could, it will be removed when the strike is issued.

If you say in your listing to be picked up within 7 days, then open NPB dispute on the 8th day and close it after another 4 days.  Again you will get your FVF and can re-list.

Unless you go through the process, you do not finalise the transaction and you should not be re-listing.

When you go through the correct process the bidder also gets a strike; and you need to set your preferences to block people with more than 1 strike.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

As supernova says, you can open a NPB within 4 days. However, this doesn't take into account buyers who do want the item but are slow in paying and who may not take nicely to a NPB being opened.  Result: They pay, receive the item and retaliate via feedback, either with a nice grey or red dot or by hitting your stars.

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

To set your blocks, hover over account tab, select site preferences.

Scroll to buyer requirements and to the right select show and edit.

Set your blocks and at the bottom is a link to add anyone to your Blocked Bidders List. (BBL)

๐Ÿ™‚

image host
Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

ebay allow buyers 8 days to pay and you technically cant relist until day 9.

4 full days, open non payment dispute

wait 4 more full days, close non payment dispute

and then you can relist

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

Funny she can leave negative, but a non paying, with no intention of purchasing gets absolutely nothing.  I'm just about done with EBay... they won't do anything for me at all.  But charge fees.

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

1. Ring ebay and point out that she was a NPB. They should remove the feedback.

2. It is against board rules to name and shame other members. If anybody wants to know who the buyer is they can look at your feedback. I suggest you self-report the relevant post.

Putney - ebay allow buyers 8 days to pay and you technically cant relist until day 9.

4 days and one second plus 4 days and one second. 8 days and 2 seconds is entirely possible. I open NPBs on day 5 and close them 4 days later, but I could, if I wished, open the dispute a day earlier and be able to relist on day 8.

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

you cant name and shame on these boards. your post has been reported. 

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

God almighty, you button pushes are ridiculous.

You could have given her time to self report. Geez

Doesnโ€™t expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected?
Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

Sorry OP,  you really need to understand that we all need to make lost of very special allowances for our non-paying members.  They are very, very special. 

We need to protect them from others leaving truthful mean feedback, give them even more time to pay when they have not paid within the set timeframe in the first place and also be very happy for them when ebay removes their non-payment strikes because it has made them  upset or cry. 

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply