Any protection from an eBayer that has only ever left negative feedback?

I had an order last week from someone overseas and only after a few days they are threatening with negative feedback because they have not received their item. He is a new member from last month but looking at their feedback history they have only ever left negative feedback to his sellers. Do we have any protection from this type of scum?

Let's work together and be best friends.
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Hi I have in the past had an international user leave me negative feedback 5 days after purchasing the item. They stated ITEM NOT RECEIVED or something like that. However the feedback was left by this user in less time than the minimal estimated postage time displayed on the item. So I contacted Ebay and basically said that the feedback should not be allowed when it stated (something like) 7 - 14 days delivery time. and the feedback was left within 5 days. Ebay agreed and removed the feedback. Ebay does not like to be shown up like that.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

It is hard to say OP, but if negative FB is left I would most certainly call eBay and use the messages to and from this buyer to back your claim.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Do we have any protection from this type of buyer?

As well as greencat's advice put your blocks in place if you haven't. Block buyers that are not phone verified and those that have 2 strikes or more.

image host
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks guys for the feedback - I do have the strictest default bidding settings. He just said to me if he does not receive it after 5 days he will leave the negative feedback.

Investigating though this guy is Kind Dodge of Dodgeville. His eBay email comes with a completely different person in a different country on Facebook, and his Paypal has a different person attached to it in a different country.

Let's work together and be best friends.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

If this guy emailed this threat via Ebay they have a record of it. Adding to that any "dodgy" details of identity you may have. You are likely to have a sound case for feedback removal once he leaves it. Anyone threatening to leave negative feedback (and then doing so) before the date of the items ETA will be grounds for its removal.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Sounds kind of confusing Teeth, good luck with it all, and definitely report this buyer to eBay if you get that neg!

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply