Anybody else got this email from ebay

the link would not work but it looks kocher. It was on the internal IM system. I checked announcements but could not find anything?

Update to Payments Terms of Use

Dear Seller,

At eBay, we strive to make our policies clear and our services easy to use. We wanted to let sellers know that we have posted a new version of our Payments Terms of Use, effective October 10, 2021.

If you do not agree to the changes, you may terminate these Payments Terms of Use, pursuant to Section 11 (“Term, Termination”), without any extra cost at any time before the effective date of the changes.

Thank you for being a part of eBay,

The eBay Team

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It was the wrong email.

I have just received another email from eBay with the correct eBay sellers ID.

Also it stated it was the wrong link and apologised for the mistake.

I haven't opened it yet to see what it's about ...it's too early and not enough coffee to make sense of it yet...lol!

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

yes, but they don't say (categorically) what the changes are.....up to us to do our 'homework'

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

This is the link for the new terms - they link on this page to the old version. You'd basically have to compare the two to check what's been updated. Significant changes would have to be announced properly, I'd think (this is usually a legal requirement, AFAIK), but if anyone wants to go through the two agreements to check, some internet points may be earned. 😅

https://pages.ebay.com.au/payment/2.0/terms.html

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

I just came here to ask the same thing. Pretty much all the correspondence spam I get from eBay always address me by my name or username. Never "Dear Seller". That screamed fake to me, despite getting the same email on my selling accounts. I hovered over the link and the link looked legit. I went into the headers and there was nothing to suggest it was bad, but I still didn't trust Dear Seller. So, I deleted the emails.

I would have thought ebay would know better than using "Dear Seller" rather than Dear <first name>, or even full name.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

so digi - how's the research going? eagerly awaiting your results 😂

there's INTERNET POINTS UP FOR GRABS!! (can't be assed comparing them myself). 

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Hey, I'm on a mini-holiday (2/3 stores closed while I update postage pricing and make announcements on the website / social media accounts 🤣 ), this means I'm only indulging in more leisurely pursuits - clicking links, and posting about whether I like what comes up after clicking the links. I might be more interested when I'm officially, fully back to work and need something to procrastinate actually doing any work. 😁

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Yeah it didn't work for me either, glad they strive to make their policies clear .

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

It was the wrong email.

I have just received another email from eBay with the correct eBay sellers ID.

Also it stated it was the wrong link and apologised for the mistake.

I haven't opened it yet to see what it's about ...it's too early and not enough coffee to make sense of it yet...lol!

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Yes me too

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Yeah I got it too, think you may need a coffee & lawyer to make sense of it lol.

You have to look for the changes

- 16 pages .

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply