Are Watchers notified when you reduce the price?

Are people who are watching an item, specifically advised when the price of that item is reduced?  Or is it assumed that they will notice when they look at their list of watched items?

And when I reduce a price does that have the effect of promoting it to the top of the page - as if it were a new listing?

Thank you again!

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I think it has to do with buyer preferences.....see if you can find it in yours 🙂
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I'm no expert but my thought it that they wouldn't be notified of a price reduction, however notifications are sent regularly as it approaches the end time, for auctions anyway, so they would see the price then if not before.

Regarding jumping it up the ranking, it should bump it up but I doubt it would take it to the top unless it otherwise belonged there. Activity alone helps jump up the rankings, a price reduction should help further. 

These are just my thoughts. Interested to hear what others have to say

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I get notifications when an item I've only looked at but not added to any lists, goes down in price - not 100% sure if there's been any for something on my watchlist, but I have a vague recollection of that being the case (they don't stand out as much because the other ones annoy me much more lol).
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

which 'preferences' would they be? and where do i find what in mine?
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Same here. I usually check just to see what the going price of an item is.. very rarely do I buy anything.

I keep getting notifications of price reductions....sigh!!
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I get notifications of price reductions on items on my watch list as well as items I have only looked at....often a long time ago.

The best ones I remember were some toys and baby items I looked at for my grandchildren.....they were received when the girls were teenagers.Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I get notifications of price reductions on items on my watch list as well as items I have only looked at....often a long time ago.

The best ones I remember were some toys and baby items I looked at for my grandchildren.....they were received when the girls were teenagers.Smiley LOL

That's why I do all my searching on this account. I can't even remember the email address for this account, let alone the password. I think the email was hotmail, or yahoo, or gmail. Can't remember. If I see something I want to buy, I then use one of my active accounts. I got so sick of being spammed for items that I'd looked at, to maybe assist a seller with their listing, or something a buyer had purchased. EBay can spam the email address for this account all they like, I won't see any of it.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply