Are collectible items free to list if you have a basic store?

HI all,  I cannot understand the following: 

"*Auctions within the Collectables category are included in the monthly free listing
entitlement for Stores sellers."

So does this mean, of the 200 free listings I have paid for, is the collectible category "included" in these 200? Meaning if I list 201 items in the collectible category, I will pay a listing fee for the 201st listing? 

OR 

Does it mean I can list 200 of any category free as I have paid for them, plus unlimited in the collectibles category? I am confused. 

Thanks for any help 😕

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

All my Listings are Buy It Now Good Till Cancelled.
Message 2 of 35
Latest reply

this is correct:

So does this mean, of the 200 free listings I have paid for, is the collectible category "included" in these 200? Meaning if I list 201 items in the collectible category, I will pay a listing fee for the 201st listing? 

Message 3 of 35
Latest reply

and don't forget that 'craft' is under collectibles
Message 4 of 35
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply. 

So... They used to be free right? Guess which idiot has been buying stock for that category for the last year without realising the rule had changed. I really want to swear at ebay right now. I believe Paypal almost doubled its international currency conversion fee within the last 3 months too from 2.5 to 4%. I sell on ebay.com in USD as well and convert it back to aussie. Now they are taking an additional 1.5% of this, Correct me if I'm wrong?

Any creative ideas around some of these fee's?

gutted. 

Message 5 of 35
Latest reply

compare this to the USA...you might be surprised

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/ebay-for-business/about-store-packages

Message 6 of 35
Latest reply

Hey mate, I use the australian store, and simply pay for a few listings on the american store. You linked me to the australian store info, im not sure which info you were intending i take note of? Thanks for your replies hey 🙂

Message 7 of 35
Latest reply

Hang on a minute, the .au website just linked me to the following .pdf, which has a section called "Collectables categories for free or discounted auctions:" which includes the category:
1 Collectables

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/sites/default/files/fees_by_category.pdf
Message 8 of 35
Latest reply

so you don't have a store on .com? Sorry, I thought you had stores on both venues......it's 'swings & roundabouts' with fees as to where it's better to 'list'...I suppose it depends on whether your buyers on .com are actually American, because the fees are calculated differently 🙂
Message 9 of 35
Latest reply

Aha I hear you. I Used to have a store with them, but am trying a season on .au store to make postage quoting much more accurate. .com store definitely attracts more US customers for me though.

Hey have you checked that link to the .pdf I posted? It even has typo's in it... does not look very proffesional. Especially if it is advertising an extinct fee structure. I was going to call and enquire but the support is shut for the day
Message 10 of 35
Latest reply