Are part payments okay?

A potential buyer asked me that if they win the auction can they make a part payment via paypal and the rest in cash on pick up.

I dont see a problem with this idea.I siad it was okay.Does anyone see it could be a problem?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Are part payments okay?

cq_tech
Community Member

I can't see any problems. There's no buyer or seller protection on pickup sales anyway so the only disadvantage I can see is that you'll be paying Paypal fees on part of the sale price. Just make sure the Paypal payment is instant and not an e-cheque and you should be fine. Just as a matter of interest, what sort of amount are we talking about here?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Are part payments okay?

as pick up items provide NO buyer or seller protection, just ask them for full payment in cash on collection.

if their paypal part pyment is funded with  c/card thru paypal (and you cannot tell if it is or not)--- they can do a bank charge back at a   future date and you cannot contest it.!  cash is best on pickup

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Are part payments okay?

cq_tech
Community Member

I can't see any problems. There's no buyer or seller protection on pickup sales anyway so the only disadvantage I can see is that you'll be paying Paypal fees on part of the sale price. Just make sure the Paypal payment is instant and not an e-cheque and you should be fine. Just as a matter of interest, what sort of amount are we talking about here?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Are part payments okay?

Is this because they wont to pick up quickly an dhave money in their paypal account that they dont want to wait until it clears while they withdraw it to bank account.

I dont see any problem as long as it clears. apart from paying fees on paypal component. At leas if the make a paypaldeposit  payment it means they are not suddenly going to go NPB

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Are part payments okay?

They were going to be locally when the auction finished.They are from interstate.They wanted to make part cash and part paypal payment.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Are part payments okay?

The amount is around $1400.

Thank you for your help.
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Are part payments okay?

Thank you.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply