Are people just not buying?

Is something amiss with ebay? postage prices  perhaps or people just not buying?

i have listed things to sell ,  and have hardly sold a thing in the last 2 weeks

and normally i wouldn't be able to sell them quick enough.

also i have noticed in some catagorys  that it appears very low with items being sold.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Comparing our eBay sales to the same month last year we are very close to 50% down.
My wife is over in China at the moment and talking with suppliers and other businesses over there. Their sales are also significantly down. So going by this it looks to be S global slow down because these guys supply to all countries around the world. They are all hurting too.
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks clarry,  is it going to get worse do you think i have also noticed some sellers marking down their items as it appears to me to try and get rid of it.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Same here .... at least now I know it's not me 🙂

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

jbmbkb
Community Member

ive made around 30 purchases in the last month on ebay so some of us are buying , the only thing that stops me from making a purchase is if the seller uses the gsp.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

i have bought items as well

and i agree with you in regards to the GSP i can't understand why some sellers would even entertain the idea of using it.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

My sales have been pretty steady, luckily.

Sometimes nothing moves for 2-3 days and then suddenly I'll make 6-8 sales, or I might just have 2-3 sales each day for 7 days, but generally over the course of a week it evens out.

I suppose it depends on what you are selling. It's possible some people have stopped buying in certain categories so they can redirect money into other categories for Xmas coming up.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

What is GSP??

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

so some of us are buying

From where?

Australian sellers don't and can't use the GSP.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program.

Only used by US and UK sellers.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply