Are you allowed to put this in your description ?

aps1080
Community Member

Are you allowed to put soemthing along these lines in your description ?

"If you don't want to wait until the end of the auction and want a Buy it Now button added for immediate purchase,

sendme a message".

I have contacted sellers before asking for this, either to make sure I get something that is being well watched but especially

when I have already purchased one item and the second item isn't finishing for 3 - 5 days - most have said yes.

Thanks in anticipation.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Technically, yes, or at least AFAIK, it's not disallowed, but in practice it could be a bit dangerous, just because it's not unusual for eBay to pick up on wording about pricing, offers and requests for contact as an attempt to sell off eBay. The context and obvious intention of the phrase doesn't even matter (eg listings have been removed due to "attempting to sell off eBay" for mentioning making an offer when they have the best offer function enabled, or for mentioning that custom items are possible. eBay don't seem to like it much at all when sellers encourage buyers to talk to them about stuff Smiley Surprised). 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Agree with DG.

If I was going to put something like that in my listing I would put something along the lines of -

"Can’t wait – on request happy to add a Buy It Now price to listing if there are no bids"

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Technically, yes, or at least AFAIK, it's not disallowed, but in practice it could be a bit dangerous, just because it's not unusual for eBay to pick up on wording about pricing, offers and requests for contact as an attempt to sell off eBay. The context and obvious intention of the phrase doesn't even matter (eg listings have been removed due to "attempting to sell off eBay" for mentioning making an offer when they have the best offer function enabled, or for mentioning that custom items are possible. eBay don't seem to like it much at all when sellers encourage buyers to talk to them about stuff Smiley Surprised). 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Agree with DG.

If I was going to put something like that in my listing I would put something along the lines of -

"Can’t wait – on request happy to add a Buy It Now price to listing if there are no bids"

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Why not just add BUY IT NOW button when doing an auction listing?

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks to you all.

Yes, ebay does come up with some ideas out of the blue that they suddenly take objection to.

I might put a buy it now button, however I have sold 4 lots of DVD's on ebay and to be honest,

have been quite stunned at the prices they have gone for, only just below new price and in one

case, well over the new price.

Anyway, thanks again.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply