Asian Sellers Multiple Accounts

Are sellers allowed multipule selling accounts

I am a heavy buyer on here and I see many Asian sellers using multipule accounts selling items over and over again.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Yes, sellers are allowed to have multiple selling accounts, up to 8 (I think) on one Paypal account.

Many sellers will use multiple accounts to sell different items rather than put them all on one account.

Out of interest, how do you know it's the same Chinese seller........................?  

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Mostly correct Padi.  I don't think there is any limit to the number of accounts a member may have but there is a limit of 8 to be added to the same paypal account.

Members can also have more than one paypal account as far as I know.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Multiple account policy overview

There are many reasons why users would choose to have more than one eBay account. For example, users who like to buy and sell may want separate accounts for each activity. Other users who maintain businesses on eBay may prefer to manage separate accounts for different product lines.

Whether you have one account or more, eBay expects users to manage each of their accounts effectively in order to meet the highest buyer and seller standards. These standards and rules regarding performance, risk, and best practices are applicable for each account and help ensure a safe and positive experience on eBay.

Users are expected to resolve issues as they arise, and follow the steps provided by eBay to bring accounts back into good standing before continuing to buy or sell with other accounts. Learn more about how to increase limits on your account.

Make sure you follow these guidelines. If you don’t, you may be subject to a range of actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.

Please note that in some cases where a member has two accounts and one becomes suspended, their second account may also be subject to restriction.

What are the guidelines?

AllowedAllowed

Users may have multiple accounts on eBay. We understand that there are various reasons why someone would choose to have more than one account.

Not allowedNot allowed

Registering new accounts or using other existing accounts to avoid buying and selling restrictions or limits or other policy consequences.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Selling the exact same item with exact same item details like they have copyed and pasted from one to the other

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Asian sellers often have multiple accounts with the same or similar items.....there is nothing you can do about it as they are not breaking any rules.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@gootynzwrote:

Selling the exact same item with exact same item details like they have copyed and pasted from one to the other

They are allowed multiple accounts (we have more than one) BUT they are not allowed to duplicate items as you describe across those accounts. To do so is against ebay duplicate listing policy.

If you suspect that two listings are identical between two seller accounts you can report the listings.

However, if they are a Chinese seller then ebay.AU can only pass the report to ebay.CN who will probably do nothing about it. So your time would be wasted really.

End of the day there is probably little/nothing you can do about it.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply