At what point will ebay take a cut of postage?

chezzy
Community Member

Hi guys

I know this commences in May. I was contemplating listing some items this week, normally I do 3 or 5 day listings. Am not sure if I am 'safe' to do any before the new fees kick in - the last hurrah - might depend on WHEN they claim these fees. Would it be based on the date the item starts, ends or when the buyer pays (what if item ends before the date but buyer pays after the new fees kick in?) . Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Assume the fees are added onto your invoice when the item sells like the FVF and then refunded if non payer disputes are closed as unpaid like the FVF.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member
I believe it only applies to listings placed on or after May 6, regardless of their ending time or when payment is made.
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Still digging and not having any luck finding more details, only the info at the following Autumn seller release and fee change overview:

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/au/201403.shtml#2014-03-27092108

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/selling-fees/fee-change-overview

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Chezzy, I can't recall in which particular thread it was posted, but somebody (may have been Crikey) actually rang CS and asked, and that was the information she received.
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

The FVF on postage will only apply to items listed on or after 6th May.

1. When do these fee changes take effect?

The changes will take effect on 6 May 2014. Any items listed on or after 6 May 2014 will be charged the final value fee on the total sale price including postage.

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/selling-fees/fee-change-FAQs

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

I honestly can't see how this new system is going to work for items where the postage needs to be calculated depending on the post code. What are we suppose to do? Put up items with outragous prices just to make sure we are covered? This is just so rediculous and unworkable!

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks, sportandplay! I was nearly there with one of my links ๐Ÿ™‚

I wonder if there will be a surge of listings before the date and then a tapering off?

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

@gratho12 wrote:

I honestly can't see how this new system is going to work for items where the postage needs to be calculated depending on the post code. What are we suppose to do? Put up items with outragous prices just to make sure we are covered? This is just so rediculous and unworkable!

use calculated postage?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

@chezzy wrote:

Thanks, sportandplay! I was nearly there with one of my links ๐Ÿ™‚

I wonder if there will be a surge of listings before the date and then a tapering off?

They just released 200 free listings to us, so I'm willing to bet all the money in my pocket that there will be a surge between now and May 5 and then a slump until the next round of free listings.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply