Auction item

I have an item on auction which ends in 5 days. Someone asked me a buy it now price which I quoted privately. They now want to buy the item before the auction ends. Is this allowed?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Auction item

if you have no bids you could revise your listing and a BIN price but someone could bid.

if you have no bids, you could end your listing and relist as BIN?

so first of all, are there any bids?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Auction item

Dont quote me on this but I think its against ebay rules for a buyer to ask about a BIN price if the listing doesnt state there is one? or something along those lines???

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Auction item

@bsal6160 wrote:

Dont quote me on this but I think its against ebay rules for a buyer to ask about a BIN price if the listing doesnt state there is one? or something along those lines???

Correct,

I always reply to that type of email that I prefer to let the auction run to conclusion but they are welcome to bid. Chances are they either want to get it at a price less than they think it will go for or they are hoping you will end the listing as they are selling one the same and want to get rid of their rival.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Auction item

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

@bsal6160 wrote:

Correct,

I always reply to that type of email that I prefer to let the auction run to conclusion but they are welcome to bid. Chances are they either want to get it at a price less than they think it will go for or they are hoping you will end the listing as they are selling one the same and want to get rid of their rival.

I had a buyer message me a couple of days ago asking whether I would consider selling my item as a BIN. It's listed for auction with a start bid of $13.50 with free postage. They asked if they could have it as a BIN for $9 with free postage. Given they are also a seller (not the same type of items), I thought they had a bit of a hide. 

I said that to sell it for a BIN I would have to relist and I have no free listings left for the month (I actually still had 10). So in other words, no. I said if they wanted to place a bid I would be happy to end the item early so they could buy it, but that wasn't good enough. I didn't really want to do that either because it currently has the most watchers I've ever had on an item! I know that means nothing, but it's pretty cool seeing that amount of watchers!

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Auction item

I think it is OK for a buyer to ask the seller if they will end an auction early for them (if no bids on it?) I read something like that the other day.

Sometimes buyers need the item before the end date. They are happy to pay the listed price or higher.

Ones that just want to buy the item at their nominated price (lower) are just cheeky!
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply