Aus Post Business Account and Postage rates

Just thought I'd circle back with a new thread on this, as the total solution is across different threads and not quite complete.

For those of us who are new to Aus Post Business and are now moving to this platform to get savings on postage, this might demystify things for you.

If you haven't already. Apply for your Us Post Business account:

https://auspost.com.au/mypost-business

Go to settings, then integrations, then add your eBay account in there. 

Click the import button to import orders into MyPost from eBay.

Once registered with MyPost Business and starting to send parcels, it takes 8 weeks for them to work out what band you will be in and what savings that will attract. The bands and the costs savings are here as of March 2021:

https://auspost.com.au/content/dam/auspost_corp/media/documents/mypost-business-postage-rates-guide....

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

pnc75
Community Member

Hi mobius, do you know if you can only get the discount at your nominate PO or can you get it at any PO? TIA.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

@mobius2011 wrote:

Just thought I'd circle back with a new thread on this, as the total solution is across different threads and not quite complete.

For those of us who are new to Aus Post Business and are now moving to this platform to get savings on postage, this might demystify things for you.

Once registered with MyPost Business and starting to send parcels, it takes 8 weeks for them to work out what band you will be in and what savings that will attract. The bands and the costs savings are here as of March 2021:

https://auspost.com.au/content/dam/auspost_corp/media/documents/mypost-business-postage-rates-guide....

Unless they've changed it, once you have the threshold amount, you will be on the relevant band. ie once you send 8 parcels, you will be on Band 1, as long as it's within 8 weeks. If you do it in 1 week, you will go on Band 1 the next week. AP's week ends on Friday.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Once you open your account there is a QR code containing your account number you can print or download to your phone. Present it at the counter for scanning to gain your postage discount.

No discount applies to supplies like satchels or prepaid envelopes as those are already included in multiple pack sizes.
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks, offroad. yes i know that, as I've been registered for a while, what I want to know is whether I can only get the discount if I go to the PO that I nominated when registering, or if I can get it at any PO I go to. 

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

@pnc75 wrote:

what I want to know is whether I can only get the discount if I go to the PO that I nominated when registering, or if I can get it at any PO I go to. 

Any post office.

You won;t get discounts on pre-paid products, but if you're buying pre-paid satchels for any reason, get them to scan the QR code anyway, as it will count towards you total of parcels sent.

For example, if you sign up for a MP account, go in with your QR code and buy 100 pre-paid satchels, you'll jump to band 3 as soon as they do the next update. 

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

It should be any.

As MyPost tends to only work discount-wise with prepaid, preprinted labels it doesn't matter where or how you lodge.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks digi & Dave. I'll give it a try.

I just take parcels to the PO and pay there and the discount still applies. I don't print any labels. (I let them do the wrok!)

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@mobius2011 wrote:

Unless they've changed it, once you have the threshold amount, you will be on the relevant band. ie once you send 8 parcels, you will be on Band 1, as long as it's within 8 weeks. If you do it in 1 week, you will go on Band 1 the next week. AP's week ends on Friday.

Ok, I spoke to the guy at Aus Post and told him what I had heard here and he said no, that's not how it works. He said if the discounts happened straight away, we have no idea what volume you would be having week to week. So we wait 8 weeks to determine what band you will be in and wait another 8 weeks after allocating you a band to reassess what band you should be in. Where you go up or down. 

Which seems to make sense. As I've sent way over the first band already and not received a single discount.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

@offroad7400 wrote:
Once you open your account there is a QR code containing your account number you can print or download to your phone. Present it at the counter for scanning to gain your postage discount.

No discount applies to supplies like satchels or prepaid envelopes as those are already included in multiple pack sizes.

Ok, I don't scan any code, as I just drop all my parcels off at the counter and leave them. They lodge them later. This is so I don't have to wait in any queues and just basically walk in and walk out. I see various other people doing the same and they aren't scanning any codes either.

So you received discounts on parcels already after 8 parcels and not having previously used Aus Post My Business?

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply