Aus Post Business Account

If anyone is registered for an Aus Post Business account - can you tell me how to get the QR code that the post office scans?

I registered on my computer, but should I have the app to see it?

Thx

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

LOL, nevermind, it finally came through in an email.

I had registered this morning but didn't receive anything - as soon as I finished the above message it was in my inbox. Smiley Tongue

Now I just hope that I can get some genuine savings down the line.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Just in case... You don't actually need the QR code for much, just if you need to pay for postage over the counter, which is generally rare (I have to pay for postage at the PO if sending to Cocos (Keeling) Island, as while the website allows me to go through all the motions of creating a label, and quotes services and prices, it won't let me actually create the label because Cocos (Keeling) Island has too many characters for the field it's supposed to go into (which won't accept any more than 20 characters, from memory), and they won't accept any variation of the name.

I contacted Aus Post about it once, using their live chat feature. I figured I was reporting a bug but the dude was just like, yeah, it won't let you do that (which I clearly already knew Smiley LOL ) but I digress.

AP Business is making me make happy and sad faces on a daily basis now. I paid $7~something for express parcels to local metro areas, which was Smiley Happy but then (because they don't do discounts on "regional" areas anymore), I had to pay $16.95 for an express 3kg to QLD, which was Smiley Sad

I'm now using eBay labels a lot more, because (big surprise) those in rural areas seem to stock up more at once, so I send more parcels to them and ebay's flat rate is still discounted, so if it's not discounted via AP, I can at least save 75c or more, lol. It'll probably push me down a discount level, eventually, though. 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I have their business account for years. That's the first time I hear about them using QR code for an account.
Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Now that I realise what they define as rural I get the feeling they are now better off in regards to what I pay each week for small parcels. Atleast the new pricing had no effect on cubed parcels for rural, 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@ozstockman wrote:
I have their business account for years. That's the first time I hear about them using QR code for an account.

My Post Business has been available for just a little over one year (formerly Click & Send). The code is so that staff can scan it at the PO and apply the discount to eligible postage services, meaning you don't have to use the online account to create labels and access discounts.

@eol - at least 50% of my parcels are going to "regional" areas.  Orders from same-state metro areas (which garner the highest discounts) are a very minor percentage. This means I now have to pay $8.30 for most 500g parcels, or $6.97 if metro, when before it was $7.06 no matter where it was going - if I send 20 parcels a week, I save an extra 9c on around half (yippee!), and pay an extra $1.24 for the rest.

So yeah... I'm sure there are a lot of sellers who send the majority of their parcels to metro areas, sadly I'm worse off.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply