Australia Only search not working

I was just doing a couple of searches of my patches and even when selecting australia only it all other countries first. so annoyed, no wonder everyone is complaining of no sales.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I think the 'Australia Only' search is actually working...

...it's just a case of overseas sellers being very 'creative' with their location.

I noticed that one such non-AU seller has his/her location as "Fast & Free Postage to Worldwide &, Australia".

I'm surprised that they are allowed to do that. Maybe you're able to report each and every one their listings???

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

I put my items thru the US, UK and CA stores and my items appears to come up when I search in their locaility as well. No wonder my sales are up 🙂

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

There was another recent discussion on this.
I thought the poster did some experimenting to find out that Aust Only actually means a listing that mails to Aust Only as opposed to actually being physically located in Aust as a lot of us thought. Hence how all the Chinese sellers show up in an Aust Only search.
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:
There was another recent discussion on this.
I thought the poster did some experimenting to find out that Aust Only actually means a listing that mails to Aust Only as opposed to actually being physically located in Aust as a lot of us thought. Hence how all the Chinese sellers show up in an Aust Only search.

Yeah, that was me (and that was what eBay told me when I asked them why my items didn't show up under "Australia Only").

Harley, I searched for your first two items (the bag and the Australia patch) and both came up under Australia Only for me. If there are others you'd like us to check, let us know which ones 🙂

(As an aside, my listings are just glitchy all 'round . .  my latest problem is that  a bunch of items show an available quantity of "0" in my "Active Listings" in My eBay, and when you click the actual listing there is quantity of 1 remaining. To make it more confusing, the only items affected are those purchased by a specific buyer yesterday (so, I had two of all of the affected items, and she purchased one of each, and I have one of each remaining. But My eBay says 0). Not even going to bother contacting them because I'm positive they won't know how to fix it.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

I ended up contacting ebay regarding this and asked the person to do the exact same search I had done they got the same results as me. There were all US and German listings at the top and all AUSTRALIA were right down the bottom or non existent. As I pointed out to him australian listings should only be showing. He agreed. He said he was most definitely going to fill out a report and pass it to the technical team. I think if more people complain they might do something.
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

I've seen this happening too, particularly when searching for formal dresses. It lists all of those from factories in China first. A good way to get around it is to go Australia Only and then Lowest Price first.
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

This is the problem Jessica....

When the Chinese sellers list their items as mailing to Australia ONLY (which they usually do) then their listings are NOT excluded from the AUSTRALIA ONLY search.

But if you are an Australian-based seller and you list your items as mailing to the "world" then your items WILL be excluded from the AUSTRALIA ONLY search.

The AUSTRALIA ONLY search criteria seems to be based upon where the listing is mailing to rather than where the item or seller is physically located. To me (and others) this is totally wrong and misleading.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:

This is the problem Jessica....

When the Chinese sellers list their items as mailing to Australia ONLY (which they usually do) then their listings are NOT excluded from the AUSTRALIA ONLY search.

But if you are an Australian-based seller and you list your items as mailing to the "world" then your items WILL be excluded from the AUSTRALIA ONLY search.

The AUSTRALIA ONLY search criteria seems to be based upon where the listing is mailing to rather than where the item or seller is physically located. To me (and others) this is totally wrong and misleading.

Correct. However, this doesn't seem to be the case in all categories, just some. Which simply adds to the confusion!

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

This is an old thread, but the problem doesn't seem to be resolved.

When I select Australia Only, listings from the USA get first priority and Australian sellers can appear several dozen listings later. Surely "Australia Only" should mean that the goods are located in Australia. Crikey, how hard is that?

This is not an isolated problem. It happens with every search I make.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply