Australia Post no longer holding parcels for over a week.

mattlikestobuy
Community Member

Just returned yesterday from PO to discover a couple of parcels that had not been picked up within 3 weeks so have been returned to me. First time this has happened, and have now been told that there will be a big shake up before Christmas because most PO's do not have room for storage of so many parcels. So now what for us as sellers negatives for items not received when item was sitting around PO for over a week and not collected, or items to be resent at whose cost. Looks like we could be in for a bumpy ride over Chrissy.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Hi Matt,

There seems to have been a bit of miscommunication here. We will not be changing our 5+5 business day carding policy over Christmas, however we are expecting a greater influx of parcels coming through so it is likely that post offices may either be more strict with that timeline and not holding parcels any longer than the 10 business days.

It is also likely that the number of outlets on Bypass arrangements will increase during the Christmas peak period meaning there will be more centralised collection points during that high demand period.

Alice

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Alice, thanks goodness you are here.:-)

Without you there would be so many unanswered questions.

Thank you for giving us the correct info, and always doing your best under what must be difficult circumstances at times.

You are a credit to Aust Post.:-)

Must give a rap to my local PO as well in Mossman Qld. They are awesome.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

mattlikestobuy
Community Member

Thanks for clearing that up Alice, probably timely reminder for us sellers to let buyers know to pick their parcels up in a timely manner to avoid parcels being returned as we prepare for the Christmas rush. Thanks Matt

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

i too would like to say thanks to aus post i buy so much on here that nearly every week my local posties have to deliver all my parcels LOL

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

My PO are the tops too, they will keep any parcels that arrive for me for months if I am here in the UK. They keep up to date with things as they change too instead of just saying something can't be done even though AP have announced the change weeks before.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply