Australia Post repeals International large letter Schedule 31 fiasco

Thought I would make a new thread about Aussie Posts international large letter price reform which occurred on Monday 18th April. It seems they were inundated with complaints via telephone & Facebook yesterday. The phone lines must have running hot according to messages on their Facebook page. People could not get through. And, as another poster said: "Australia Post facebook page lit up yesterday with complaints about the large letter changes". i.e. no merchandise only documents.

They have officially backed off & all postoffices will be alerted. The large letter schedule stays the same as it was (thank goodness). They must have had a LOT of complaints to do this. I still can't believe they caved. I believe many folks would have fallen into poverty if they had not. How fabulous and what a rarity...excelsior...Jilly

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

It's a wonderful day in Australian history, for sure.  Any news on Arnott's returning to its original Shapes recipes?

PS. In case anyone wants to still source the old recipe, The Reject Shop is offloading boxes of the old recipe stock for $1.50 - move quick!

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

no No NOOOOOO....... say it isn't true.... (But it is cause I googled it!)

As a long time "user" of savoury shapes this is quite a shock.........

Nothing like the excitement of finding a burnt one.....!!!... (I think they taste the best)

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

A bit off topic but Australia Post is under seige from all sides.   StarTrack drivers went out on strike this morning but returned to work half an hour later on the condition that the company would continue negotiations with the Union during the day.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

can we get the bush biscuit added to that?

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

WOW !  I honestly cannot remember AP ever backing down from a price gouge before

This is a 'where were you when' kind of moment 

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

the way AP is going this week i'm sure we can trust them not to think of some other rediculous idea and lob it on us without notice...not.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Hi can anyone provide a link that we can provide the Post office when we rock up at the australia post counter and a particular employee hasn't heard that update.....re letter contents stay the same?

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

@onekiwi0 wrote:

Hi can anyone provide a link that we can provide the Post office when we rock up at the australia post counter and a particular employee hasn't heard that update.....re letter contents stay the same?

Not a link but if you go to the Australia Post page on facebook and look for a post called "Need help choosing your international parcel options?"...and look for the responses by Austalia Post (the responses to Starry and Patricia particularly). Maybe do some screen shots or print out of those?

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Aust. Post are just rude full stop

30% increase in posting a letter

add .50c if you want it to arrive sooner rather than later

what do they do with the letters that don't have the priority sticker on them? Hmmmmm

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply