Automatic feedback removal for remorse reason on cases removed by eBay

In recent weeks eBay has removed auto feedback removal for cases where the buyer has selected a remorse reason such as "purchased by mistake", "doesn't fit", "didn't like it" etc. In the past eBay would automatically remove feedback where a buyer selected a remorse reason. NO MORE. You now have to contact eBay to to get the feedback removed. Another unannounced change by eBay.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I had not realised there was even an auto removal option for remorse reasons (I haven't sold in a while).

How did it work? Did the seller just tick a box to say it was a remorse comment?

If it worked that way, perhaps some sellers abused it.

At least you can get it removed by contacting ebay support. I think that is the best thing actually, that a human can make that call, although it relies on common sense & good judgement on the part of ebay reps.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

No, the buyer selects the reason for return. Some are remorse, eg "Purchased by mistake"

Actually the changes were much more extensive than I thought. Contact eBay for a remorse cases and they now refuse to remove the feedback.

Previously if a buyer raised a case and the buyer accepted and refunded the buyer any feedback would be removed. So too if it could be demonstrated the buyer made an error/didn't read the listing without raising a case. eBay no longer removes that feedback as well. You can get feedback removed on a case only if you accept returns on all your listings. Again more unannounced changes. When asked for the new policy/announcement on the changes eBay won't reply. In effect eBay now has no seller protection. I have decided I've had enough of the constant changes in policy and am ramping up my non eBay businesses.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply