Automatic payment to Ebay

I recently sold an item on Ebay and received a payment of $7.06 and then the same day Ebay charged me $7.95 and it was titled Ebay marketplace automatic drawing.  I have no idea why I was charged this money and I hope it is not a monthly fee of some sort.  Has anyone else gone through something similar?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If you switched to MP within a month of any sales, the fees for those sales would have been taken by eBay outside of MP.

What does your invoice say?

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

@waproducts wrote:

I recently sold an item on Ebay and received a payment of $7.06 and then the same day Ebay charged me $7.95 and it was titled Ebay marketplace automatic drawing.  I have no idea why I was charged this money and I hope it is not a monthly fee of some sort.  Has anyone else gone through something similar?

You need to check your email and eBay messages for a monthly invoice that details your selling fees.

OR, let’s work backwards . . . a $7.95 payment to eBay would be the exact amount payable on $73 of total transaction amount.

Looking at your sold items I found these three transactions:

On 27th March you had a sale for $10 with free postage

On 28th March you had a sale for $30 with $1.50 postage

On 28th March you had (another) sale for $30 with $1.50 postage

Three sales totalling $73 with 10.89% final value fees = $7.95

The timing of you receiving $7.06 and being charged $7.95 is coincidence.

As davewil advised . . . check your invoice.  I think you might find that the $7.95 was for fees on the three sales I have listed above.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@waproducts wrote:

further to my previous reply, and as mentioned by davewil, you appear to now be on eBay Managed Payments.

The fee on a sale when on Managed Payments is 13.4% of the transaction total + $0.30 fixed fee.

You had a sale for $7 + $1.50 postage = $8.50

13.4% of $8.50 is $1.14

add the $0.30 fixed fee and the total fees on an $8.50 transaction is $1.44 . . . leaving you with $7.06

Here’s a link for you to see fees when on Managed Payments:

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees-without-ebay-store?id=4822

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply