BAD BUYER

For the past month or so, I have had a certain buyer open up a dispute against me in Paypal, for an item I sold to her - this item had a 99cent start - there were a few bids, but this buyer kept bidding and it finished up over $100.00 - before posting I double checked the item as I always do, and sent it to her, a couple of weeks later, I received a notice from Paypal the buyer had opened up a dispute against me, saying the garment was 'disgusting', 'smelt of urine' ' had burn marks all over it' was absolutely filthy and so on - in the last couple of weeks I have contacted Paypal and spoken to them, simply stating Id be cutting my own throat if I listed such a thing on Ebay, especially as I have 100% rating, and  have always had good feedback on all my garments. I was told not to worry, as she also said she had thrown it in a rubbish bag/bin.

I have just checked my PayPal a/c as it is on hold and I cant pay bills, pay for purchases on here etc, and noticed the refund has been GRANTED!, as long as she returns the item to me - which leads me to wonder where I stand if she ruined the garment herself just to get the refund because she didnt like it or some  reason - I am astounded by Paypal for letting this woman get away with what I classify as fraud!

Can anyone help, or give me advice - oh in all my listings I state there are no refunds, so what happened there??????

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

BAD BUYER

I think you will find that the buyer must return the item to you as directed by Paypal.  If they have indeed thrown it in the bin then they could have a problem.  I would again be contacting Paypal and as proof of the state of the garment submit photos which were in the listing and anything else that Paypal want from you.  There are many other sellers on these forums who can give you much better advice with regards to dealing with these matters than I so I am sure you will get the help you want. 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

BAD BUYER

I don't understand why Paypal has frozen your account. ๐Ÿ˜ž 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

BAD BUYER

They have probably only frozen the funds from this transaction, which is SOP.

Unless the Op has had multiple claims of not as described.

OP - Paypal do not generally look at indivual sellers, and certainly not their feedback, or their protestatiopns of honesty.. They are a business and you need to treat with them in a business-like manner.

If the buyer doesn't return the item (at their expense by trackable means) the case will time out and your funds will be released. If the buyer does return the item and it is not in the same condition as sent, then you need to prove that to Paypal, who will then release your funds.

If it is in the same condition, then the buyer has decided they paid too much. Depending on the buyer's level of experience, they might not even realise they will be out of pocket for the return.

Either way, I would be putting them on my BBL.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

BAD BUYER

@magden12 wrote:

... a couple of weeks later, I received a notice from Paypal the buyer had opened up a dispute against me, saying the garment was 'disgusting', 'smelt of urine' ' had burn marks all over it' was absolutely filthy and so on -

in the last couple of weeks I have contacted Paypal and spoken to them, simply stating Id be cutting my own throat if I listed such a thing on Ebay, especially as I have 100% rating, and  have always had good feedback on all my garments. I was told not to worry, as she also said she had thrown it in a rubbish bag/bin.

I have just checked my PayPal a/c as it is on hold and I cant pay bills, pay for purchases on here etc, and noticed the refund has been GRANTED!, as long as she returns the item to me - which leads me to wonder where I stand if she ruined the garment herself just to get the refund because she didnt like it or some  reason - I am astounded by Paypal for letting this woman get away with what I classify as fraud!

Can anyone help, or give me advice - oh in all my listings I state there are no refunds, so what happened there??????

Did you respond to the dispute and claim through the dispute console ? If you just spoke to a paypal agent and did not submit a detailed response to a claim, then I am not sure if any help can be provided.

Did you provide other supporting evidence to paypal to consider in deciding the claim ?  ie. goods purchase receipts / references to listing photographs

Paypal can only decide on the evidence they are presented with.  In its absence they seem to invariably decide in a buyers favour on the basis the goods are returned.

In relation to your statement that you do not give refunds - that is fair enough for change of minds etc, but not for dealing with buyers that state that goods are not as described (whether they are telling porky pies or not)

Oz consumers purchasing from an Australian business, (and paypal users under it's buyer protection program) are afforded recourse if they believe the goods they have purchased do not match  description, are not of acceptable quality or not fit for the purpose they are intended. 

As a seller you need to have in place things that may offer a level of defence in the event of a shonky claim for example, keeping purchase receipts / ensuring you retain several clear photographs of goods from many angles etc

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply