BOYCOTT PAYPAL TIME

The time has come to refuse paypal payments, the company is not owned by EBAY anymore so it is time to flick that rubish from EBAY before the new policies come in...  Others already have, its time to follow suit. If EBAY can change their policies at the drop of a hat, xo can I.  ITS TIME FOR A RIOT.   Nobody can force me to accept a payment by a specific company.   ITS TIME TO PUT PAYPAL IN ITS PLACE                                   'BANKRUPT"  lovley place where all poor companies come to an end.   

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

BOYCOTT PAYPAL TIME

you must accept paypal. Some may disagree, but it does have it's benefits.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

BOYCOTT PAYPAL TIME

No, you do NOT have to accept Paypal via eBay sales.

You need to offer one form of electronic payment, either Paypal, Propay or similar, or credit card merchant facility.

Paypal is NOT compulsory. They tried that a few years ago in Australia and lost..

Paypal is handy for buyers and is what they like to use, but it is not compulsory.

I think it depends on the type of items one sells.

If you sell used or breakable goods, or wearable goods, such as electronics or clothes, then Paypal, with their 180 day returns, may not be a good idea.

As for myself, I know that accepting Paypal does help make sales.

I have been shafted by them a few times, but not many, given the amount of transactions.

Whether this will change after the 180 returns come in, time will tell.

With credit cards, buyer always had 180 days to dispute transaction, or even more..

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

BOYCOTT PAYPAL TIME

You don't have to offer paypal, but eBay requires that at least one "safe" payment method is offered.

At the moment on eBay.com.au that is Paypal, Paymate or credit card.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

BOYCOTT PAYPAL TIME

I don't have a problem with international buyers using it, they seem to be honest, but as for Australians, that's a different story, if they don't give my money back from Peter who is currently trying to pull a ITEM NOT RECIEVED scam, when tracking says delivered, have opened aupost claim, Peter Pinocchio nose is getting longer. Tried to tell me the post contractor delivered it to the wrong address. HA HA, there must be a picture of me somewhere with dumb sucker tattooed across my forehead. Must is a pushy word, EBAY cant force anything. If I don't get my money back for rare vintage expensive tools. All items will be listed as pick up only cash, can post at buyers cost with bank deposit. Then if anyone pays by paypal, payment will be refunded and unpaid item will be opened and cancelled. If they keep my money its over and world war 3 begins, I may be being harsh but with the new BS changes aust post tracking wont be worth a used 10c stamp.
Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

BOYCOTT PAYPAL TIME

Excellent thanks guys thats what I wanted to hear, will be looking into the credit card thing

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

BOYCOTT PAYPAL TIME

Australia Post do at times misdeliver parcels so your buyer may well be telling the truth. I have received parcels which don't even belong to me on more than one occasion as they have been misdelivered. I have also had buyers who haven't received their parcels even though the tracking says delivered. The last one I had, when Australia Post investigated, they acknowledged that it had been misdelivered so they went and collected it and then delivered it to the correct address.

If you have the relevant documentation to be covered under the Paypal Seller Protection policy then you should get your money back.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

BOYCOTT PAYPAL TIME

When I told my local au post manager what peter pinocco informed me, which was, the contractor delivered it to the wrong address, then said it should have been signed over to me! my local manager was decusted. and said it does occasianly happen, but the contractor retrieves the item from missdelivery. Everyone should have a read of an AUSTRALIA POST PARCEL CONTRACTORS[terms and conditions contract] It will make you change your mind of whos at falt. I understand that mistakes happen, but how many people are there that recieve a package thats not theirs and keep it, instead of returning to sender       PETER PINOCCO WONT RESPOND NOW IVE ASKED FOR HIS FOLLOW UP CASE NUMBER SO I CAN CHECK ON HIM.   The other part of it is if it is a contractors falt and it is not persued, Australia post wont audit that area as they dont know how many parcels really go missing. so the parcel post system will never be fixed.  SO I WILL BE ADDING A POSTCODE AREA TO MY BLOCKED LIST;  MOUNTAIN CREEK QLD 4557

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

BOYCOTT PAYPAL TIME

If you don't offer Paypal I won't be the only potential customer you lose. Most customers are comfortable with Paypal and I personally have never had a problem with them as a buyer or seller, I will only buy something on Ebay with them.

Latest reply

BOYCOTT PAYPAL TIME

@lozyginns wrote:

The time has come to refuse paypal payments, the company is not owned by EBAY anymore so it is time to flick that rubish from EBAY before the new policies come in...  Others already have, its time to follow suit. If EBAY can change their policies at the drop of a hat, xo can I.  ITS TIME FOR A RIOT.   Nobody can force me to accept a payment by a specific company.   ITS TIME TO PUT PAYPAL IN ITS PLACE                                   'BANKRUPT"  lovley place where all poor companies come to an end.   

I dont know where you get the idea that eBay dont own Paypal anymore.  they DO

in the 2015/16 financial year the 2 ompanies are splitting into 2 separate identies, but still owned by the same holding company.

for a couple of years now you have had the opportunity to opt out of Paypal if you offer Paymate or your own credit card facility,  as others have already said.

go to your bank and see what kind of a deal they offer to become a credit card merchant.  Its usually a couple of hundred set up fee, about 3% commission and an annual fee.  If you have a high turnover you can sometimes get your commission down a bit.

of course, any payment by c/card is subject to a chargeback by the buyers bank,  from anything up to 180 or more days just as it is with Paypal

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 10 of 16
Latest reply