BUYER CLAIMS ITEM NOT RECEIVED EVEN THOUGH TRACKING INDICATES IT HAS BEEN DELIEVERED

Hi

Just wondering if you could help me. I have a buyer claiming she did not receive the item, even though the tracking number indicates that the item has been delievered. I sent this item via a prepaid satchel and only have the lodgement receipt (no postcode) and tracking number. What do you suggest I do? I have already told her to check her local post office and neighbours to see if they have taken it by mistake. Would I have to file a claim of lost or stolen parcel? The item in question was a belt (worth $250). I did not purchase extra cover as I thought that auspost compensate for $150 for lost parcels (I realised now that this amount has changed to $50).

Your advice would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

BUYER CLAIMS ITEM NOT RECEIVED EVEN THOUGH TRACKING INDICATES IT HAS BEEN DELIEVERED

Lodge an enquiry with Aussie Post asap. They will try and fob you off due to the tracking but insist. 

We once had a missing parcel that was tracked as delivered. Customer swore it wasn't even though there was a signature. Aussie Post investigated and checked with the delivery driver who it turn out, remembered where he had delivered it - two doors away. Mystery solved. Parcel retreived. 

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Hi, thank you for your response. I will be ringing them first thing. Also my paypal account has gone in the negative. What does that mean? I have not been through this type of dispute before so I am confused. Will I qualify for seller protection? 

Cheers

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Don't forget to message the Buyer after your lodgement with Aust Post.

Telling the Buyer that you need to inform her as you had pass her details (address/phone number) to Australia Post in order for them to conduct the investigation and also to locate the package. Advise her that Australia Post may contact her during the course of the investigation to request for further details.

Who knows...your package might make a miraculous appearance after that message. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

I would ring Australia post and follow up with an email. Sellers are able to initiate an investigation with Australia post after certain period of time has lapsed for tracked parcels. I'm not sure though if this just applies to parcels that are insured. ( I waited a month last year for an insured tracked package - had to get seller to initiate an investigation). She went in to Australia post an filled in a form. I got the package few days later. It wasn't at all the sellers fault. She organised tracking on package and yet somehow sat somewhere for long time with no idea where it was I would keep the pressure on Australia Post. Hope it all works out for you
Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member
I had a parcel delivered yesterday and it was just as well that I checked the addressee before the contractor had driven off, because it should have been delivered to number 51 (I live in number 40). My immediate reaction when I have a buyer tell me that their item hasn't been delivered despite tracking information suggesting that it was, used to be that they were a scammer trying it on, but now I have to wonder just how many of those are genuinely items which have been misdelivered by incompetent or dyslexic contractors instead. We really shouldn't have to go to the added expense of paying for registered or SOD, but for expensive items I'm thinking now that it's probably not such a bad idea after all.
Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

I second the above - I live at Unit 3, Number 8, and have had parcels delivered to Number 3, and Number 38 in the same street - it's only happened once or twice, but that's enough to make be pause before automatically hitting the "scammer" button...

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

If item was delivered even if to a wrong address you can not claim for compensation because in AP's eyes uit was delivered.  No extra cover taken out no claim.  They only have a discretionary fund to make payments out of and they may only refund the postage cost, no obligation to pay out anything.

I have a PO Box and still get given other peoples mail, got one yesterday that was a registered letter from the UK and the PO box number was nothing like mine, not one matching number.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

So if I did take extra cover would I be able to get compensated even though Auspost has delievered the parcel (in their eyes)?

What about paypal? My funds are currently on hold. 

Cheers

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

SOD may not even help completely prevent problems like this as they can still mark it as delievered even though it was delievered to the wrong house number. For instance, there are times I have signed for parcels but have not looked to see whether whom the item was addressed to. If I happed to receive someone else's parcel (and were dishonest), I could easily keep it for myself with nobody being the wiser. 

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply