Big increase in buyers not paying..

I realise sometimes this happens but lately I have noted a big increase in the number of buyers just not paying and I have to open cases, then all is lost, also ignoring my courtesy reminder emails, so don't know if I should offer to 2nd highest bidder, or relist or what !!!! anyone else notice this of late ?

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

yes I have had more non payers in last couple of weeks than I have had in total for  last 5 years, mine are all buy it now, so I just don't understand it

Message 2 of 36
Latest reply

Are you opening & closing non payer disputes so the tyre kickers are issued a strike by ebay ?

Do you have blocks in place to stop people with one or more unpaid item strikes in last 12 months from bidding on your items ?

Message 3 of 36
Latest reply

Actually was going to try Buy It Now to see if it improves things....

Message 4 of 36
Latest reply

No foxie, I have not even looked at doing any of this, as have never had to in the past, but certainly will start....thanks...

Message 5 of 36
Latest reply

No foxie, I have not even looked at doing any of this, as have never had to in the past, but certainly will start....thanks...

?:|

over 500 sales on ebay and you've never put in a non payer dispute or blocked bidders who have multiple disputes against them?

wow.

If all sellers followed procedures and disputed every non payer, (and you get your fvf back too by the way), then ALL sellers would have fewer problems.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 6 of 36
Latest reply

Actually was going to try Buy It Now to see if it improves things....

List BIN with immediate payment required and you should have no problems with non payers.  But the downside it that you cannot combine postage.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 7 of 36
Latest reply

I have blocks in place, offer longer terms, reminder emails etc, but still have 12 disputes open ATM:-(.  I enjoy getting up each morning, having a cuppa whilst fiddling around opening and closing cases - extremely rewarding:-). Incidentally, most are people with hundreds of feedback.

Message 8 of 36
Latest reply

Buy it now does not make any difference to people that dont pay , 99% pay straight away , but there is always the 1% that dont. 

Dont Change your Price , Change your Customer
Message 9 of 36
Latest reply

In the past I have not had many problems, but noted an increase lately, have been lucky I guess.

Message 10 of 36
Latest reply