Bulk Consignment Shipping is a Pain

What has become a frustrating occurrence on eBay for me and I'd say for many buyers, these days, is Bulk Consignment Shipping.

Scenario..
You buy an item Tuesday July 17 and the seller marks the item as sent Wed July 18, gives a AusPost tracking number that same day and you think that the item is, at least, on its way. So now you go to AusPost tracking and tracking says..

Your Parcel Is coming
Shipping information approved by Australia Post Thu 19 Jul • 06:45am CHULLORA NSW
Shipping information received by Australia Post Wed 18 Jul • 05:50pm CHULLORA NSW

"Your parcel is Coming" means AusPost knows a parcel is to be posted by the seller but AusPost has not got it yet. Thats OK, as soon as Chullora Post gets it, its in transit and tracking will change to "We Have Got It"
These entries can stay like this for up to several days, then, after contacting the seller yesterday, to question why they have marked posted and where my item may possibly be, you received something like this back today..

dont worry, dear buyer, we have posted
2018-07-19 06:45:16 N/A InTransit Shipping information approved by Australia Post
2018-07-18 17:50:32 N/A InTransit Shipping information received by Australia Post
2018-07-18 14:17:46 Australia InTransit Order Completed. Tendered to carrier on 2018-07-18 14:17.
2018-07-18 10:01:23 Australia Processing Order Received on 2018-07-18 10:01.

All this indicates is that AusPost has still not got the item. so you go back to tracking and nothing has changed, still...

Your Parcel Is coming
Shipping information approved by Australia Post Thu 19 Jul • 06:45am CHULLORA NSW
Shipping information received by Australia Post Wed 18 Jul • 05:50pm CHULLORA NSW

No change from "Your Parcel Is coming" to "We Have Got It".

Now, after contacting AusPost and talking with a representive, you are told your item looks like part of a Bulk Consignment from Chullora Sydney to Melbourne, and, Australia Post will not change tracking from "Your parcel is Coming" to "We Have Got It" till it gets to either Sunshine West Exchange(by sea) or Tullarumin Exchange(by air), Melbourne.

Bottom line, why, sellers why, mark an item as posted Wed July 18 when the item, July 20, could still well be in Sydney, in a container, in a warehouse, waiting to be filled and then shipped/flown to Melbourne. Thats not posted.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If the seller is processing the postage on line then it is automatically marked as posted.   Until the package is actually posted and scanned it will not show as being on the way.   It is just the system, and not the seller's fault.

I have had sellers "post" my item at midnight, just minutes after I have paid.

I really do not understand this preoccupation with tracking a parcel from the second it is paid for.   I just wait for it to arrive.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Yeah, but, they bought it late Wednesday. It should have been delivered by now. After all, everybody knows how efficient AP is.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks for your replies, but, I think you might have not understood what my post is really about. It's not about AusPost, I can easily put up with them, as, I know that they can be sloooow, but, when they do finaly get my item(normally Sunshine West, Melbourne) AusPost then will change, "It's On It's Way" to "We Have Got It" and it will take a couple of days to arrive at it's final destination(Northern Vic), that I can except. I also understand that the seller has processed the postage on line and it is automatically marked as sent. My post is a **bleep** about a system called "Bulk Consignment Ordering/Shipping". The item, once ordered, from any where in the world, has to be packed in a warehouse(say Chullora, NSW), placed in a container, wait to be filled and then shipped/flown to Melbourne and that process can take many days to weeks. My item, still as of today, has not made it to AusPost in Melbourne. By the way, while typing this reply, another item I ordered from the UK(15,000km), the day after the item this post is about, has just been delivered.  Like I said "Bulk Consignment Shipping is a Pain". Cheers

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Take a look at where the sellers are registered. I'd be willing to bet it's China, and I'd be willing to bet that's where your items are really coming from.
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

I tried that. My last 3 purchases (2 in limbo now) have gone exactly as OP said, and I made sure, even paid more, to buy from sellers with listings stating that the Item was/is located in Melbourne(1) Perth(1) and Sydney(1).  I see (now I've searched) comments about it on the AusPost site dating back at least 3 years. The item I bought that's allegedly in Sydney, was "posted" 6 days ago, but it hasn't even arrived at Chullora.

It borders on fraud, in my non-legal opinion, and Ebay is complicit in it. 

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@crago10 wrote:

I tried that. My last 3 purchases (2 in limbo now) have gone exactly as OP said, and I made sure, even paid more, to buy from sellers with listings stating that the Item was/is located in Melbourne(1) Perth(1) and Sydney(1). 

As Digi said in her post, check where the seller is registered by looking at their feedback...................... 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Apart from checking where the seller is registered (click onto seller's feedback score to access their feedback profile which shows in which country s/he is registered), one look at a communication that begins with "Don't worry, dear" or "Don't worry, dear buyer" is enough to reveal the truth.

Asian sellers (in particular, Chinese sellers) don't see how "Dear buyer" raises no alarms, whereas "Hello dear" or "Don't worry, dear buyer" do.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

One easy giveaway is the coment at the end of the listings.

Please allow 1-3cm error due to manual measurement. Thanks for your understanding.
2. Monitors are not calibrated same, item color displayed in photos may be showing slightly different from the real object. Please take the real one as standard.

I love the 1-3cm error part especially on very small items. 
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply