Buy It Now Immediate Payment Help

A buyer that deals with me regularly is trying to buy a number of items but everytime she clicks on Buy It Now it takes her to immediate payment, even though I do not have the immediate payment box ticked etc

I am not sure why this is happening as I do not have the immediate payment box ticked on any of my items and other buyers don't seem to be having the same problem

Can any one help - is it something in my settings or it is something to do with the buyers paypal etc

TIA

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Has she tried putting the items into the Cart?    I know we all hate the cart, but it might work in this instance

And just double check one of the items - maybe the gremlins have made it immediate payment.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

This often happens to international buyers when they try to purchase from Australian sellers - if your buyer is in the US or UK (or using either of those sites to try and purchase, because it's a US / UK site issue), the best solution is to ask them to use eBay AU, because the 'add to cart' button also disappears.

If they are not using the US / UK site (the same thing happened recently to another Aus seller and they buyer was in Aus too), then the suggestion above to use the cart may help. If all else fails, you could create a single listing for all of the items, so that they only have to buy / checkout one item.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

I am having the same problem today. 

I checked the listing and the box for buy it now is not ticked but buyer still cannot purchase without immediate payment. 

Did you resolve the issue.

If not might give ebay a call.

Cheers

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Or try by adding the buyer to your requirement exemption if it is still an issue.

http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderPermitLogin

image host
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@tibersect wrote:

A buyer that deals with me regularly is trying to buy a number of items but everytime she clicks on Buy It Now it takes her to immediate payment, even though I do not have the immediate payment box ticked etc

I am not sure why this is happening as I do not have the immediate payment box ticked on any of my items and other buyers don't seem to be having the same problem

Can any one help - is it something in my settings or it is something to do with the buyers paypal etc

TIA

If the buyer is using the app they will have this problem so check to see if they are using it.

I had this problem a week or two back and steered the buyer to there desktop after which things went smoothly.

I was able to send her a combined invoice once she'd selected all her items.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Had the same problem many times as advised by customers.

Yes apparently the Phone App requires Instant payment, and as dazzledayz stated, you have to advise customers to log out of the Phone App and log in to Ebay.com.au.

To make it easier for my Customers if they are having trouble I advised to just purchase and pay and I immediately Refund post on Combined Postage.

More hassle for me as I then spend extra time doing the post refund and then having to claim back Postage fees!

I wish they would fix the Phone App, they know there is a problem as I have spoken to CS about it
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

It's an issue in the buyers end. It's something to do with a "preferred payment method" that they have selected . Usually inadvertently. To correct this, it must be done on a pc or using classic site on a phone. Although I've corrected this twice now, im still having issues 😠
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

One would think the OP has it sorted after 7 months.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply