Buyer Claiming Item Not Recieved,Aus Post Says Delivered, What To Do?

Shipped a couple of items to a buyer the other week using ebay postage.Aus posts says item is delivered, buyer claims to have not recieved item.

Obviously as used ebay shipping so have proof of delivery, what should we do?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I would get the buyer to contact AP and lodge a missing parcel claim. As it has been "delivered" according to AP there is nothing you can do from your end.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

AP policy require that the sender of an article open a missing parcel investigation, not the addressee, (though others report on the boards that AP don't adhere to their own policy on this matter). 

In any case, as a demonstration of good service (and minimise DSR and/or feedback damage)  I think that a seller should request AP to open an investigation and provide authority for the buyer to discuss the matter with AP, and provide the buyer with the investigation number.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

OP you can ring AP or fill in a missing item enquiry form online

From AP website - (my bolding): 

Submitting an enquiry

The sender of the item should lodge a missing item enquiry form according to the following timeframes:

Domestic items

• If an Express Post item is more than 1 day late
  • If any other item is more than 3 days late ...

Please note: 

•  we are unable to accept missing item enquiries, or commence investigations, before these specified times.
  • all queries regarding lost or missing items must be made by the sender of the item.
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

First thing I always do in these situations is so to confirm with the buyer their address details - it is not uncommon for buyers to provide an incorrect address.

If the parcel has been sent to the correct address advise the buyer you will be opening an investigation with AP and offer to help them as much as possible.

Australia Post have been known to deliver parcels to the wrong address so it is possible the buyer has not received their parcel.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

wrong...... not if the parcel is deemed as delivered. To them it is neither lost nor missing. I have been told a few times now it's up to the buyer in this case.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Yes AP are notorious for giving out the wrong information.

They are however bound by their terms and conditions.

I can post no more to clarify - I have already cited information from APs website.

The postal ombudsman will also investigate AP making such claims that articles deemed as delivered, have been delivered correctly - what a crock that is = typical of AP not training their call centre staff properly.

I note that a buyer can lodge an enquiry about a parcel, but if the sender will not cooperate they will not get far. 

TBH it is also the right thing to do by a buyer I think - good customer service and afterall the seller can confirm a range of details that a buyer may not have access to. .

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Siting their website is one thing but it's not what has happened in my experience. According to AP it's not lost or missing, it's been delivered. OP please come back and update us.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

HBH I am not disagreeing with you, there have been many threads about lost and missing parcels and numerous reports AP fobbing off sellers with a range of lines.

I have had parcels (both sending and receiving) tracked as delivered and they were not delivered at the time they were scanned as delivered, and a number of those were found by AP to be still in transit - and others simply arrived a day or several days later.

I think if anyone is fobbed off by AP staff regarding a missing parcel or compensation request to speak to a member of the escalation team.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply