Buyer - This one is Seller Nightmares are made of

gec2002
Community Member

I have seen some bad buyers in my day but this one takes the cake.  Guess I will have a fresh new Red Dot soon, first for the year.

Of the last 50 feedback they have left 2 positives, 2 neutrals and 46 negatives

He only has one follower

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

go-tazz
Community Member

@gec2002 wrote:

I have seen some bad buyers in my day but this one takes the cake.  Guess I will have a fresh new Red Dot soon, first for the year.

Of the last 50 feedback they have left 2 positives, 2 neutrals and 46 negatives

He only has one follower

Report them to eBay and they should be removed.

I've sent you a private message.

The message is a bit higher ^ up there on the same line as you ID.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Ouch, they have a literal sea of red.

Will be added to the party list pronto -thanks for the heads up.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Yikes! They are a nightmare. They have even left false positives, on the rare positive they left. Clearly an eBay shoplifter, who eBay will do nothing about. I didn't check any of the sellers, but going by the replies, majority are Chinese, or at least Asian of some description.

I had a buyer in my early selling days whose feedback left for others resembled your buyer's. Being a newish seller, I was worried. Imagine my surprise when I got glowing positive! At least 100 before mine were red dots with nasty messages. I still blocked them, but I don't know why I was spared. I can't imagine I was the only seller of these collectable items out of over 100 that got it 100% as described. 

I had several other similar buyers after her with similar feedback left for others. It was then I started checking feedback left for others on any bidder where I had time before an auction ended. I did cancel and block one bidder because they had over 1000 feedback and all the over 1000 feedback left for others were red dots. Not even one single positive amongst them.

I guess the odds of you getting a red dot are high, but you might be that one like me who gets spared. If they do red dot you, I'd be caling eBay and getting them to look at her feedback and then get yours removed.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

For a few minutes there, I was thinking go-tazz and jellybird had mystical powers, but I finally worked it out.Smiley Happy

There is something strange about that account and it isn't primarily the number of recent negs.

I am wondering why, with more than 1000 purchases under their belt, they have only given so few FB. Did they not know about it earlier? (possibly a godsend for earlier sellers if so)

My own view is where a buyer gives more than 50% negative feedback to different sellers (perhaps out of a minimum of 10 purchases overall) then their feedback rights should be suspended. 

I'm always suspicious why a buyer who genuinely had so many bad experiences, one after the other, would keep buying on ebay.

All I can think of is maybe this buyer doesn't usually bother to give any feedback at all when he is happy, only when he is unhappy.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

They have basically worked out that if they leave a negative first then that's their best chance of getting a refund

or another items as their feeback shows.

I included them getting refunds in my report (that's how the first negs started as well).

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

UNBELIEVABLE!
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

No buyer would ever genuinely have nothing but bad experiences, it would be like going to the supermarket every day, and every single time you left the store you were bashed and robbed off-camera with absolutely everything from the shops stolen from bananas to cat food to baby nappies but never your money or car or anything else that wasn't bought from the same place.

To the scammers out there, sellers have your address, or at least your PO box (no point in saying name or phone number, since those can easily be changed).
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply