Buyer being unreasonable.....

Hi all, wanting to clarify something. I sold an item in January, sent it to the buyer the next day using a courier company that had tracking.

I got a message from the buyer 2 days ago saying he hadn't got the item yet, ok fair enough but the guy was abusive to me right off the bat.

I have replied to him politely and provided all the relevent info. He is basically ignoring me and the info I am providing for him and threatening Ebay action.

Now, after I send the item is it up to me or him to resolve shipping issues? He is telling me that ebay policy is that it is my responsibility until it is delivered. Is that the case?

The depot is holding his item because it was on for delivery, and he wasn't home. So, I have provided him with the connote (tracking) number, the address of the collection depot, a case number and all other info I can. He is basically saying to me it is my fault and because I am interstate it is no excuse. So... what he expects of me is to drive a thousand or so klm's to collect his item and deliver it to him personally!??

Every reply I have had from the buyer is just full of negative attitude towards me, I checked his feedback left and he is a serial negative feedback giver. Brilliant....

Anyway, any info from those in the know would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Sorry that you have a numpty to deal with. First, my experience with most contract couriers is that they will attempt 2 times to deliver to your door. If you are not home again, they will leave a note of who to telephone, and where to go to collect your parcel. They will NOT attempt a third delivery.  So mr.numpty will have to drive or walk to the collection depot.  You have done your part.

The best person to direct this to is to lyndal1838, she is fantastic in these matters, having over 20 years of experience in this industry.

Lyndal should be on in the morning, or PM her, she will not mind.  Off to bed now, all the best, please let us know how it turned out, bye.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Sorry Rob, l forgot to tell you, please, oh please, put mr.numpty on your SPECIAL LIST.  (BBL) Cat Mad

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Lyndal is already here....I was just about to give the same information that Aussie has given you.

All the courier companies that I am familiar with will make 2 delivery attempts and after that they expect you to either pay for a third attempt or pick it up from their local depot.....mostly pick up from the depot.

You seem to have all the relevant information at your fingertips.....let the rude buyer open a dispute.  They cannot possibly win when you give all the details of the courier and where the item is.

Which company is it BTW.....I may already know their delivery policies or can find out for you?

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Please please go to Facebook eBay buyer name and shame and let us all see this "special" buyers name lol
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply