Buyer has Paid but now wants a refund because they didn't read the listing description or title.

I recently sold an iphone that I had previously bought off someone else and found it wasn't working. So I listed it to sell for parts, and clearly stated that it wasn't working. I sold the item, and now nearly a month later the buyer has come back asking for a refund because the iphone isn't working (which he would have known if he had read the description!). Am I obligated to give him a refund even though I have stated that there is a 7 day money back and it is long past the 7 days?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Buyer has Paid but now wants a refund because they didn't read the listing description or title.

no  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Your item was clearly listed as not working and with the condition "For parts or not working".

The buyer cannot expect a refund.

You should take a screenshot or printout of the listing so that you have a permanent record of the transaction details incase the buyer tries to make a claim.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

acenyg
Community Member

Definitely not. If it was clearly stated that the phone was broken and sold only for parts, then the buyer has no recourse to make a claim. Too many buyers don't bother reading what are clear descriptions! Not to mention waiting a month to want a refund! A bit rich - bu hey, that's ebay for you!

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Did it take them a month to realise it wasn't working? "Geez honey, work has been quiet this last month, must be the current climate. And it would be nice if you called or texted me once in a while. Smart phones. Humph...." Seems pretty clear cut case of buyer regret after paying too much and realising they couldn't fix it. But even if within the 7 days it would be unreasonable to refund the buyer anyway if its listed as parts/not working.
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

And who in their right mind pays $250 for a broken phone.
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply