Buyer leaving low ratings on postage time.

I have just been in my seller dashboard.  I am not sure how long this has been available but now you can see your seller ratings on items sold.  I noticed on a recent sale (June 15) buyer has left me a 1 on postage time.  Item ended on Sunday night 7/6/15, buyer bid & won item and paid for item on the Sunday night as soon as auction ended.  I work full time so only go on eBay quickly during day to check on items selling, I went on eBay on the Monday afternoon, and saw item sold and paid for, so I printed out postage slip.  When I got home from work I packed up item to post, it was after 6pm, so I put in mail box next day (Tuesday 9/6/15) on way to work.  I got a message from seller asking why item hadn't been posted, I replied saying item had been posted & tracking number was showing on eBay.  She said she messaged me earlier saying she wanted items straight away, but I never got a message on eBay or Paypal, and I posted items pretty quickly.  We both live in Brisbane so I thought item would take a day or two to arrive.  She emailed me again saying she was moving and that she didn't want to have to come back to old place to pick up, how was I to know that when I posted.  She finally picked up items on Monday 15/6/15.  Now I have lost my Top Seller Rating because I have a defect.  Surely eBay can check on tracking numbers if entered into eBay to see when item has been sent considering they can track emails.          

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@once_truly_loved wrote:

it was after 6pm, so I put in mail box next day (Tuesday 9/6/15) on way to work. .          

What was the handling time on the item ? does the tracking number say a lodgement date?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

@ggearstore wrote:

@once_truly_loved wrote:

it was after 6pm, so I put in mail box next day (Tuesday 9/6/15) on way to work. .          

What was the handling time on the item ? does the tracking number say a lodgement date?

I suspect 'red box' would be an obstacle to getting a satisfactory resolution from eBay. I've heard they often are not scanned before the 'delivered' scan, which means the sender has no proof of posting date.

Lodging over the counter gives you a lodgement scan and proof of posting date.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Live and learn, I suppose. I work full time so getting to post office is not always an option, but I did tell buyer when I was posting and she was fine. The scan reads the parcel going through several scan points before being delivered and I was within my handling time of 3 days for posting, and eBay estimated delivery time of 5-9 business day.
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Sucks but that is the problem with DSRs, they are buyers perception. Ebay I think are heading in the direction of yes/no whether delivered by estimated date. Whilst this leaves you at the mercy of AP, it does mean you can contest best on recorded delivery date.

I too post in street boxes, processing label and uploading tracking is no proof it actually went in the post. To counter lodge would delay postings and probably lead to even more complaints.

Do you offer express?

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with postage. I would say try to post by actually going in the PO and handing the parcel over - they usually get posted quicker than parcels left in street boxes.

From the sounds of it, it's not your fault the item didn't arrive sooner. Tbh it sounds like it actually arrived in pretty good time!
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@jessicadazzler wrote:
I would say try to post by actually going in the PO and handing the parcel over - they usually get posted quicker than parcels left in street boxes.

Not true, and you have until after 6 to get in last post (as long as you are not remote). If you have a sale after you have just been to post office, you are not going to go back unytil next day, that even assumes you go everyday.  If you even post enough to get pick ups thats only going happen so often. I have made sales at 6 oclock and managed to get last post for next morning local delivery..Blows buyers away when you do that.

The convenience of street postings is that you get more things on their way more quickly, which will outweight having a paper trail for each and everyone, which does not prevent peed off buyers getting things late.

Some one is always going to complain and blame you for all their issues. The most affective way to deal with this is good PR and sugar. Telling people they are wrong, even if they are, is the quickest way to a fb slap and marked down DSRs.

You can minimize defects and bad feedback but you can't eliminate it. Do your best stay nice and just accept the odd unavoidable knock..its going to happen

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I was very nice to buyer, I emailed her to let her know I was posting Tuesday, and apologised that I had not seen her payment on Sunday night till Monday afternoon.  She came back with that is fine, no problem.  As I said above I work full time so getting to post office is a nightmare so I use eBay bags and print labels, and have never had a delivery problem with redbox.  The parcel had to be delivered roughly 40 minutes drive (40k) away, yet it took from Tuesday to following Monday to arrive, no one home so it was carded and buyer did not pick up from post office till Tuesday.  It was because she moved house and did not want to go back to old house to pick up, so wanted parcel delivered immediately, but she didn't tell me this until the Monday when parcel delivered. I am going to email eBay and see if defect can be removed.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Just got off the phone to eBay, they are removing postage time defect after looking at my account. They were so helpful.
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply