Buyer paid twice. Needs refund.

soxy74
Community Member

Hi. I had a buyer pay cash for a pick up item.

Several days later he paid me again via paypal and I need to issue a refund.

I will use the issue refund button in paypal but will this give me a defect/affect me in any other way ie fees etc.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I don't know about the refund issue as I haven't looked it up, but IF it will end up in a defect maybe you could refund the cash paymant instead since Ebay doesn't know about that. Just send the money to his Paypal account from yours and you should be right.

Latest reply

It's up to you.  If you don't want to risk it, then go through the 'Send Money' steps through PayPal. That way it won't show as a refund.  But you will lose the PayPal fees .... minimal really until they sort out this defect rubbish. 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

If you have the same situation again make sure you mark the item as paid straight away then the pay now button should not be available to the buyer.  As there is no Paypal protection for a picj up item you should be safe using the send money tab rather than doing a refund however you will still be out the Paypal fee.  Unless you use the personal payment option the buyer will have to pay a fee to receive it.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply