Buyer requested fund for faulty item that was fully tested, whats next?

xalies
Community Member

Hi,

I sold a phone recently that the buyer is calming the speakers don't work. The phone was fully tested before I sent it including watching YouTube videos on it to test. of course they put in a refund request calming the speakers don't work. I told them to send the phone back and I will refund them if the speakers don't work as they claim. what if I get the phone back and the speakers do indeed work and this was just a case of change of mind and this was just a loophole to get a refund? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

xalies
Community Member

clamming ... not calming .. damn limited time to edit post

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Did they claim the speakers don't work immediately after arrival or after some time?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

xalies
Community Member

Claiming ***k this edit thing and my stupid brain

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Same day as it was delivered

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Have they opened a case?

If you are a seller in good standing, you have further protections against false claims.

Please read the following: https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/2021-spring-seller-update/seller-protections-update

You can advise the buyer that since you are rated "Above Standard" as a seller (if you are), you are allowed to deduct part of the refund if the item sent back is not in the same condition as it was sent, and you are also allowed to report the buyer for making false claim (see the conditions).

The item will need to have the same unique EMEI code (or whatever they call it) etc.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

If they eventually return the phone, make sure it is yours. Some scammers return THEIR faulty items. 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply