Buyer requirements updated?

This is possibly old news to some of you, but I just noticed that there is an update to one of the buyer requirement, which I think is good.

We always had the ability block buyers who had a minimum of 2 unpaid strikes within 12 months

but I see that we can now select a lesser time period of 6 months and even 1 month. 

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Jelly, since it's apparently very possible that non-payers can fairly easily get their first strike removed, I'm guessing a lot of sellers would be more than happy if that 2 in 12 months was reduced to 1 in 12 months.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Yes, there should be an option of "1" instead of "2", as the minimum but I suppose this is better than it was.

Not sure how non-payers are getting their strikes removed?

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

Not sure how non-payers are getting their strikes removed?

I've read it on the boards that "first time offenders" will get them removed if they talk to a sympathetic CS rep Jelly.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I don't know about 1 month, but six months has been an option for at least the last 13 years.

And 1 strike shouldn't block a buyer. As you, as a seller, would be well aware of.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I've always remembered having one choice of just 12 months, but I accept that I could be mistaken.

Having the 1 month option is definitely new, but don't know when that came into play. Doesn't affect me personally as I've done BIN with IP since about 2014. Either way, it's good for some sellers as there are some serial non-payers out there.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

The 1 month option has also been around for a long time. It is not new. Despite only selling for the last few years, I set up my selling account quite a few years ago. The options were 1, 6 and 12 months back then. You could also block buyers for having too low a feedback. 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

This is possibly old news to some of you, but I just noticed that there is an update to one of the buyer requirement, which I think is good.

We always had the ability block buyers who had a minimum of 2 unpaid strikes within 12 months

but I see that we can now select a lesser time period of 6 months and even 1 month. 

------------

Just curious here and would like to check exactly how it works.

I thought that if you as a seller ticked eg 'block buyers who have had 2 strikes in one month', that that would only weed out your very worst offenders. If you tick '2 strikes in one year', you'd get more people blocked because a buyer might only get eg one strike in a month, then another strike the next month and fly under the radar with option 1.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply