Buyer's Email Contact Details Not Available When Sending to Parcel Locker

An eBay Buyer has their email name listed with Delivery Address (simply add @members.ebay.com) however when the Buyer has a Parcel Locker or Parcel Collect address, no email details are supplied.  The problem is that Australia Post requires an email address for the consignment.  I've been using my own email address but the Buyer needs to know when their parcel is ready for collection, not me the Seller.  I simply make contact via eBay's transaction Contact Buyer service when Australia Post notifies me of an arrival, but this adds time and that's critical in these snail-mail times.

Yes, I could contact the Buyer before dispatch and ask for an email address but that also takes time for a response, sometimes days which is sad when they're paying for Express Post.

I feel eBay has needs to correct this and provide email details for Buyers when they have a Parcel Locker of Parcel Collect.

Why have they removed this information for those Buyers, or have I missed something.  Thank you, Aussie, EAD's

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

These days we only have the ebay generated email address for buyers, but this should still serve your purpose.     Copy the buyers email address from the order;    (seller hub - all orders - choose item, drop down menu, view order details)

September 2020:   Starting in mid-September, you’ll still be able to send messages to your buyers both directly and via eBay, but instead of their actual email address, you’ll see an alias email address. Your email address will also be shown as an alias address to your buyers. 

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/2020-spring-seller-update/-email-address-visibility/

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

bmanly3
Community Member

I have sent several items to Parcel Collect or Parcel Lockers and they have never asked me for an email address or phone number. When it arrives at the recipients Post Office, the Post Office knows who it is for by the parcel lock locker or parcel collect number and then they send the sms and or email to the receiver. I only sent one last week to one and they never asked for anything, just scanned the satchel and off it went. I do however send tracking to the recipient anyway by message and tracking is available to the recipient on ebay as well.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Go to your Orders page. On the item in question, click on the drop down arrow and go to view item details.  This should show you the buyers “eBay” email address.

i had the same issue when using 7/11 post services. I did put in my own email address until I figured it out but then I hit a road block for parcels where the buyer needed to notified the parcel was ready for collection.  

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply