CHONMA horse rugs 2 sellers sold lots to same buyer under $45. could this be intrading??

2 sellers based in China  both selling CHONMA horse rugs starting bid at 99c

I have noticed when trying to buy one the same buyer 3***1(111) places one bid $45 usually very early hours of the morning and wins 17 or more rugs under a 24 hour period for a cheap price.  You can only win on these rugs if you bib higher than the $45 and you will find that the buyer stated was involved in the winning bid. I feel set up as too much of this is happening possible seller 0102 buys from seller 0304 and visa versa with no real money changing hands only genuine buyers who pay over the $45.

The unfair part is when I see the buyer mentioned buying so so many rugs far far cheaper than any other ebay buyer pays.

Feedback should be left soon adding to the star rating scores for both seller1 and seller2 from buyer 3***1 (111) 

Am I wrong with my thinking in this?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

CHONMA horse rugs 2 sellers sold lots to same buyer under $45. could this be intrading??

If they are winning them all then it's possible they are buying them cheap to resell for a profit here. Shill bidders don't aim to win the auctions. If they are a shill bidder and are winning all the auctions, then they are failing miserably.

I avoid shill bidders by bidding in the last few seconds of an auction. The only time I don't is if I'm at work or the auction ends in the middle of the night. In both those cases I put my maximum bid on early.

If you are not suspecting shill bidding, then I'm not sure what you mean. 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Buy local, less headaches. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

@corelle59 wrote:

2 sellers based in China  both selling CHONMA horse rugs starting bid at 99c

Item location:
Regents Park ,New South Wales, Australia

Item location:
************* Park Road, Regents Park NSW , Australia

Possibly the same seller with two accounts.

They are Australian sellers and feedback states fast delivery,(so they aren't posted from overseas).

I have noticed when trying to buy one the same buyer 3***1(111) places one bid $45 usually very early hours of the morning and wins 17 or more rugs under a 24 hour period for a cheap price.

You can only win on these rugs if you bib higher than the $45 and you will find that the buyer stated was involved in the winning bid.

There are currently a number of rugs that sold below the $45 price tag.

They have placed their current bids very late at night,(after 11 pm).

If they can get them cheap they can make a profit but it does look suspicious when they only bid on the

auctions by these two seller.

I feel set up as too much of this is happening possible seller 0102 buys from seller 0304 and visa versa with no real money changing hands only genuine buyers who pay over the $45.

There is no evidence of that.

The unfair part is when I see the buyer mentioned buying so so many rugs far far cheaper than any other ebay buyer pays.

They are not winning any rugs as far as I can see as each auctions goes past their maximum bid,(they

have bid on 31 of their auctions in the last 30 days and they have not retracted any bids nor have they won

any of those auctions at present).

Feedback should be left soon adding to the star rating scores for both seller1 and seller2 from buyer 3***1 (111) 

Am I wrong with my thinking in this?

Not if they aren't winning any auctions.

There are also plenty of other auctions where they don't bid on the items and they go over the $45 price.

Next time please do your research a bit better and find out the TRUE facts before posting.

According to some feedback you get what you pay for and some of these rugs don't seem to last,(so do you

really want a cheap rug that may not last?)

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

yes possible shill bidding and thanks for your responce

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

sellers are based in China that's stated when you click on the names and as you mentioned the item location is Regents Park N.S.W

I was not suggesting the items are posted from overseas

First time for me in posting and maybe I did not explain properly what happend in a 24 hour period of austions ending.

These rugs sold to genuine bidders for $45 or higher but bidder 3***1 was the only person to win a bid lower than this amount and they won 17 rugs in the time I was checking. 

As another member mentioned maybe shill bidding so I will contact ebay to find out more.

Yes I agree you get what you pay for but I have a 2 yr old colt just starting to rug and did not want him to wreck my good ones.

I will buy local now 

thanks for your reply and help    

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

thank you yes I have decided to buy local

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply