Can I open another store in another country?

I have been looking but have ended up a bit confused!

Already have an eBay store in .com.au and it would be good to keep it!

Can I open up another eBay store in another country using the same store name an eBay seller ID?

Would like to stay with .com.au but  store costs and listing costs make it very attractive to go off shore.

The UK & US are two options I am looking at. Had a .com store  when we 1st started.

Things have changed again and a store with US & or UK looks very attractive. 

Any help very much appreciated.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Found some info!

A new ID has to be made and then only 1 store per ID per country!

So why do the people from China have their ID's up but have the items based in the country of the stores origin?

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I don't think you would be able to use the same name. You definately need a different email. different emails can be linked to the same paypal account though.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I think you will find that to open a Store and new ID in the UK or USA you will need a UK or USA address and bank account

each id will need a different email as stated and a different ebay ID.  

IDs are not unique to just the country.  e.g. I wanted to use just Putney (without the 32) but it was already taken by an american seller.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Good question. The same problem from USA seller 🙂

How do I list on Ebay Australia?

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

You can sign up with eBay Germany without having a residential address there. I have heard bad things about their site. A haven for scammers due to not having to reside there.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I'm pretty sure you don't need to register on the US site with US details etc to sell there, or to subscribe to one of their store packages with an Australian ID. 

To sell on the US (or any other) site, all you need to do is log into that site with your existing ID and create a listing, so - while I am assuming - I can only think you could follow through and subscribe to a store package. (Most Chinese sellers have US stores, I can't imagine each and every one of them have US details). 

You'd be charged all the US rates, have all those site policies applied (including any applicable selling requirements / restrictions), be billed in USD, and postage to US residents would be considered 'domestic' for the purposes of FVF calculation. 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Found some info!

A new ID has to be made and then only 1 store per ID per country!

So why do the people from China have their ID's up but have the items based in the country of the stores origin?

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply