Can I use hard flat box for letter rate?

Hi, 

I am a new ebay seller, and selling small Items, and usally post it in C5 envelop with 2 stmaps ($2.2).

But, I often asked from buyers that the product did not arrive.

I think the envelop might be broken on the way, so I think if I try hard box.

Can I stil send it with two stamps in hard box? like below one. 

Please le me know if anyone knows about it. 

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

scroll down to maximum letter size & does your item qualify as a letter:

https://auspost.com.au/business/shipping/check-sending-guidelines/size-weight-guidelines
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

If it fits through the letter slot at the post office then you can post it at the letter rate.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cosmologically speaking we are all little more than a bacterial film on a soft rock hurtling through an unimaginable void.
Don't take it all too seriously.
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Yes as long as the box does not "ooze" beyound 20mm which can sometimes happen when squeezing in tight fitting items.  Australia Post actually sells a similar mailer and states on the back of the mailer that it is suitable to send as a letter.  But AP mailers cost 5+ times more than those you can buy online. Also the $2.20 assumes the weight is 125 grams or less.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

As long as the dimensions do not exceed 26cm x 36cm x 2cm, the item can be posted as a large letter. The cost will then depend on the weight. Up to 125g, cost is $2.20. between 126g and 250g, cost is $3.30 and between 251g and 500g, cost is $5.50.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I have been using these boxes to send various items for years with no problems. However I do use registered post stickers, it does increase the postage cost but provides a tracking number, so I've never had any 'lost' items.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply