Can a buyer leave negative feedback even though they haven't paid yet ?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

i guess but why do you  want too?? sounds selfish really

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Yes, they can.

If you are a seller and a buyer has threatened you with negative feedback, keep the messages as you may be able to use them to have the feedback removed under the feedback Extortion Policy

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

The buyer can leave the neg but if they don't then pay and you go through an unpaid item dispute and win it will be removed.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Also, as a Power Seller, they won't be able to leave anything but positive until 7 days after the sale, so if you open / close a UPI in the shortest time-frame possible (8 days - and presuming they don't end up paying), any neg shouldn't stay longer than a day or so.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I opened a dispute against a non payer, which I thought I could close today. I left feedback warning other sellers before I closed, knowing I couldn't leave it after I'd closed, only to discover I can't close the dispute until tomorrow. Does this mean when they leave sabotage negative, it will be removed when I close the dispute? My other concern now is, they bought (and paid) for other items which I know they have received (thank you tracking!!), but haven't left feedback for. I'm worried they are now going to give me a negative on those items as retaliation, even though I offer a full money back refund if you aren't happy. This seller uses multiple accounts and one of them, I don't think they have left a positive feedback for anyone! I have added all their accounts that I know of to my blocked list, and adjusted the buyer settings so people with unpaid strikes can't bid, but I'm still worried they are going to sabotage my 100% positive and my current all 5 star DSR. 

Sorry, was just venting LOL. I don't really want to have to wait the 12 months for that feedback to drop off my rating.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Well, as much as i feel for your situation, the feedback that you have left is in breach of eBay policy, so if the customer knows about this they can ask ebay to remove the feedback. It is against policy to leave a negative comment with a positive rating. I acknowl;edge that your intentions were honourable, but this doesn't excuse breaching policy, no matter how screwy it seems.

Thus you have gained nothing, eh? except for a blemish on your record with eBay.

It is then difficult for you to ask eBay to help you when other traders breach policy as your hands aren't clean either. When seeking just restitution, you have to have clean hands - the Maxim of Equity - "He who seeks equity must do equity"

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep you are best off not leaving any feedback and just going through the Unpaid Item Dispute process

I set up mine to do automatically so 4 days after the item sells it will auto open a case if they havent paid, and will auto close the case after a further 4 days leaving them a Non Paying Buyer strike and i get my Final Value Fee back

I dont leave them feedback at all

I also have my blocks in place to stop NPBs from bidding on my items

I relist and move on
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply