Can a buyer win a Paypal claim if the item wasn't received in time?

Can a buyer win a Paypal claim if the item wasn't received in time? Item is still "in transit" 

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

When a buyer doesn't receive an item. They raise a claim with PayPal. PayPal then gives the seller 10 days to provide a tracking number and proof of lodgement.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I have proof of lodgement, copy of label, and scan at both my PO and the DC for Melbourne. They are claiming because they haven't arrived in time. Still "In Transit".
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

What do you mean by receiving the item "in time"?

Unless the seller has made a specific promise that the item will arrive by a certain date you can not even think about opening a dispute for Not Received.

As long as the seller has posted within the timeframe in the listing it is not their fault if it takes longer than you think it should.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Nope - no timeframe promise was made. Had to open a NPB for this girl to pay.... posted same day as payment. Never asked for express post either.
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@vitadilussostore wrote:
I have proof of lodgement, copy of label, and scan at both my PO and the DC for Melbourne. They are claiming because they haven't arrived in time. Still "In Transit".

meh, PayPal will find in your favour once they stop rolling their eyes at this muppet

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Good. Stress levels decreasing.

I feel I have my first neg coming on though. Buyer is IMPOSSIBLE to please.
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Just as an interesting sidenote, a buyer can open - and more importantly, win - an INR case in certain circumstances (i.e. received after the ETA eBay puts in listings), even if you have proof of delivery

It is reliant on several factors, including a seller not shipping within their stated handling time, and not a PayPal facilitated thing, so is unlikely (but not quite impossible) to occur on an Australian transaction. I only mention it because it might offer some insight as to where a buyer could get this notion that they can get their money back if an item arrives after the "due date".

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply