Can a member have a store but also sell items outside of the store?

I'm not sure if this makes sense, but my partner has a store selling CDs, DVDs, games and books, which is going VERY slowly.

My mostly clothing store is doing fairly well and I was wondering if my partner tried selling just, say, 10 items of clothing of known in-demand brands, just to see what happened and to at least boost his money a bit.

He doesn't want clothing sold in his store, as it doesn't match the other stuff, but he also doesn't want to sell under a new account because then he won't have his feedback and long term seller status...I think?
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don't think you can sell them on the same account without them being in the store. If you don't nominate a store category to put them in I'm pretty sure ebay will just put them under Other, so they'll be in the store anyway, but harder to find when buyers are looking at the other things.

Even if you could keep them outside the store, if a buyer clicks on Sellers Other Items rather than on the store, they'll see them all together. They'll all go on the same invoice because it's all one account.

I'm quite suire you can't have them outside the store because a basic store gets 600 listings, with no mention of separate non-store listings.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I suggest your partner just sell under the store.

It doesn't matter if the items don't match current items.

If anything cross marketing may help buyers to find other items of interest.

Just make sure the store has items in categories making it easy for buyers to search n seperate.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I don't think you can sell them on the same account without them being in the store. If you don't nominate a store category to put them in I'm pretty sure ebay will just put them under Other, so they'll be in the store anyway, but harder to find when buyers are looking at the other things.

Even if you could keep them outside the store, if a buyer clicks on Sellers Other Items rather than on the store, they'll see them all together. They'll all go on the same invoice because it's all one account.

I'm quite suire you can't have them outside the store because a basic store gets 600 listings, with no mention of separate non-store listings.
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Ok, thank you so much for that!
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply