Can a seller reissue a return shipping label with un updated address?

...asking for a friend! Smiley Wink

Kidding - I'm asking for a seller actually.  I bought something that arrived faulty, and seller has agreed to a return, but the return label they issued has an address at the wrong end of the country (the item came from Tasmania, the return address displayed is in Queensland).  Before printing the label I thought I should double check it wasn't an old address that hadn't been updated, and sure enough that is the case.

Seller has now updated their return address in eBay prefs, but the change doesn't carry through for the existing return.  They're not seeing a way to update/reissue the label, and before I suggest to them they run the gauntlet of eBay CSRs, I thought I'd check in with the brains trust here on whether it's actually possible or not to update/cancel->reissue a return label.

If not, I guess it's back to the ol' pay-and-get-reimbursed scenario.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Print it out then white out the address and put it as the correct one.

If it is all through ebay messages then you should be covered if the seller does not refund once showing as returned. 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

No, no, no, no, no.

The bar and QR codes, which will be used for 90% of the journey, will direct it to the address it was generated for.

Tassie, get the seller to cancel the label and generate a new one with the correct address. They will get refunded for the cancelled one in a month or so.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Thanks davewil - yes, I figured there would be issues like that with the generated labels.

I've suggested to the seller there should be a way to cancel the label, then reissue, and explained how they can get in touch with eBay's CS team should they be unable to figure it out.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply