Can buyer dispute information not complete?

Hi I recently sold a pair of shoes that had size 8 listed in the title. I'm shipping it tommorow but I just realised I didn't specify its size 8 US . I did include a picture of the sizing but the label has mostly faded so its hard to tell. 

Can buyer open a dispute saying its not as described? I technically never said it was size 8 AU or UK or whatever other size, I just didn't specify the country of measurement anywhere, so it just says size 8. I did think about contacting the buyer but would like to get some insights on this beforehand.

Any help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Can buyer open a dispute saying its not as described?

Yes.

I would clarify it with the buyer before sending the item.

image host
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

@dreamout wrote:

Can buyer open a dispute saying its not as described?

A buyer can always open a case - whether it will be closed in their favour is another matter. 

Considering there is a fair difference between AU8 and US8, contacting the buyer before sending would be the best option to take here, as it would be in your (and their) best interest to make sure the buyer knows what they're buying, not whether they could win a dispute if they open one (IMHO). This would essentially elimninate the chance of a dispute being opened on those grounds, anyway, as there's only two things that will happen - the buyer either assumed they were AU8 and will be able to say they're not suitable, or the knew / assumed they were US8 and want to go ahead.

Either way, it's a much better option than sending the shoes and waiting to see if there's any fallout. 

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Are they Mens or Womens Shoes?

On my Shoe Size Conversion Chart there is no difference in size between a US 8 and a AU8 for Womens Shoes.

For mens shoes there is a full size difference - US 8 is equivalent to AU7

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Women's Shiny Leather Boots Size 8 -

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@anotherbf52 wrote:

Are they Mens or Womens Shoes?

On my Shoe Size Conversion Chart there is no difference in size between a US 8 and a AU8 for Womens Shoes.

For mens shoes there is a full size difference - US 8 is equivalent to AU7

I think it depends on what conversion chart you look at as I have also seen some that say there is no difference.

But in actual fact there often is. I know this from my own experience buying a couple of pairs of shoes and I also once bought my daughter some sandals, thinking they were a regular Australian size, but they were American and a size too small for her. Expensive error on my part.

I think if I were this seller, I would definitely tell the buyer beforehand and see if they wanted to proceed or cancel. When a person buys on an Australian site, they would have a right to expect a size tag that is shown as size 8 with no other explanation to be an Australian size 8. If they were American sizing I personally would expect to be told that in an ad.
It can't hurt to ask the buyer and might save a lot of bad feeling and trouble down the track.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

children's sizing is different again. But women's sizes should be the same.
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

hmm..

@dreamout wrote:

Hi I recently sold a pair of shoes that had size 8 listed in the title. I'm shipping it tommorow but I just realised I didn't specify its size 8 US . I did include a picture of the sizing but the label has mostly faded so its hard to tell. 

Can buyer open a dispute saying its not as described? I technically never said it was size 8 AU or UK or whatever other size, I just didn't specify the country of measurement anywhere, so it just says size 8. I did think about contacting the buyer but would like to get some insights on this beforehand.

Any help would be appreciated!

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I think if it's women shoes, it's no problem

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I know on a lot of charts they are shown as the same, but with some brands eg sketchers, I have found American sizes are slightly smaller than our Aust sizes. By about half to one size.

If I bought shoes online, I would definitely want to know if they were US sizing.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply